Criticisms of Third-Periodism

1. Brosa Luxemburg
    Brosa Luxemburg
    How would you respond to these criticisms of the third period?

1. The growth of industry, while "upped", it had no systematic plan and no regard was made to the relations of different branches of industry.

2. Collective farms were placed under the control of members of the party who lacked the knowledge of agronomy and instruments.

3. The collectivization program created a famine with agricultural levels falling drastically.
  2. Geiseric
    Geiseric
    The industrialisation happened once the Kulaks gained too much power, it should have started with the Communists having initiative in the class war against the Kulaks in 1925, instead of when the Left Opposition's warnings were unheeded and massive amounts of working people died once the Kulaks threatened the cities once they gained enough capital.
  3. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    Full-scale sovkhozization should have occurred instead of the bumbling kolkhozization. All labour in agriculture should have been (public-sector) wage labour.
  4. Geiseric
    Geiseric
    I can agree with DNZ's post as well, I didn't take that into account. Kolkhoz were communally owned peasant farms and Sovkhoz were state owned modern farming? Is that the difference?
  5. Grenzer
    Grenzer
    Yes I believe that is the difference. In one, you still have the peasantry, and in the other, you are actually having them converted to proletarians. It would also have avoided the disaster of all those deaths as well. Not really sure what the Soviets were thinking on this one.
  6. Geiseric
    Geiseric
    I dont think it was possible since not enough russian proletarians existed to fill up the 90% peasant population.