Gaining momentum?

1. thriller
    thriller
    So yo. Word. Anyhoot, I think Pan-Leftist ideals or at least 'inclusive radical leftism' is gaining momentum. I see lots of people on RevLeft here setting it as their primary tendency. But more importantly I've met a lot of comrades IRL who are starting to challenge traditional rigid ideology on the basis that all leftists must unite if all workers are to unite. Many people I talk to have different views on specifics after a revolution but seem to be more open to people who are radical leftists in general, instead of Leninist, Anarchists, Whateverist. I actually had a really good debate with a staunch anarchist-insurrectionist (a belief I'm not subscribed to really) and we both had more in common than in differences. Does anyone else seem to be experiencing this lately, say over the past year or two?
  2. TheGodlessUtopian
    TheGodlessUtopian
    I think this is largely the case everywhere I have been as well.With me I think this is evidenced by the rise of leftist groups which have a broad unity program on who can join;it seems that more and more groups are allowing in more tendencies to enlist.

As a whole I think this has to do with the continued degradation of international capitalism.The more is tightens its grip on draconian measures the more it will force leftist to unite and challenge it.
  3. Comrade #138672
    Comrade #138672
    The tension between capitalists and workers is becoming stronger as capitalism is starting to show its true nature more and more. I think left-wing minded people are becoming increasingly aware that an opportunity for a revolution may be approaching and that they can accomplish something only if they work together with other left-wing minded people, because they have something very important in common.

But even when you can sense that it's approaching, this doesn't mean that it will be anytime soon. Marx felt that a revolution was approaching for a very long time. Then, after his death, it finally happened. This shouldn't discourage us though. It should prevent disappointment. Capitalism can become stronger in the meantime too, but this doesn't mean that the revolution isn't gaining any momentum.

Just a small contribution from somehow relatively new to all this. I'm still learning.