ML-forum

1. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    How many of you think making a ML-forum is a good idea?
  2. Drosophila
    I think it's fine here. Yeah there are some annoying users but healthy debate - whether it be with leftcomms, anarchists, or Trots - can be good.
  3. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    The problem is that the healthy debates are mostly tendency-wars.
    Other tendencies have a forum why not us?
  4. Drosophila
    Tendency wars aren't inherently bad, and debate is one of the only ways to expose backwardness.
  5. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I think it would be a good idea to also have a forum for MLs so we can go more in-depth without tendency wars and keep going here for the little debates.
    It would also be a good place for the many banned MLs.
  6. MustCrushCapitalism
    MustCrushCapitalism
    Awesome idea. Who wants to make it? I say we use forumer and call it Lenin's Abode.
  7. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    If anyone wants to make it go ahead, I wish I could but I don't really know how.
  8. MustCrushCapitalism
    MustCrushCapitalism
    I'll make it later today if you'd all like. What categories and subforums do we want?

On second thought, nevermind, I'm lazy. One of the longer-time users get off your ass and make it on Forumer.com

If anyone is willing to buy a proper domain, use MyBB.
  9. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Learning,Politics,History,Art 'nstuff, and something like chit-chat would be good as a start.
    Make sure you post it here!
  10. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    I think it's a good idea. but we need more agreement!

as has been said, we're not saying we should leave; it woulod be good to have a new forum;

a) Because it avoids all the sectarian bull

b) We get to talk to all the banned members.
  11. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    What do you mean with more agreement?
  12. Questionable
    Questionable
    I would go there.
  13. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I can try to make a forum.
    Any easy site that I could use?
  14. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    What do you mean with more agreement?
    dunno

it just seems like only 4 users have agreed with it

let's just make it and send emails to all the m-ls to tell them about it.
  15. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Yes, I think more people will agree when it actually exists.
  16. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    That's probably true.

Someone do it!
  17. bad ideas actualised by alcohol

Someone do it!
    I second this.
  18. Questionable
    Questionable
    http://www.proboards.com/

I've created and managed many message boards using this service. It's very user-friendly, in my experience. Feel free to use it unless someone has a better idea. I don't feel like I should be the one making it since I'm such a newcomer around here.

If we do this, we should try to get as many Marxist-Leninists as possible. Send the link to other websites with strong Marxist-Leninist bases and tell them there's a place exclusively for us now. If any troublemakers follow us there, we can easily ban them, or set up an OI forum like here.
  19. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I think we could use that.
    Would MLforum be a good name?
  20. Questionable
    Questionable
    Maybe just "marxistleninist" if that isn't already taken.
  21. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Just made it a second ago:
    http://marxistleninist.proboards.com/
  22. Questionable
    Questionable
    Proboards has a ton of privacy settings which you would probably find useful. You can set it so accounts must be admin-approved, you can make certain boards private, hell, you can make the entire forum private if you wish.
  23. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Making a skin is pretty hard. Mostly because I have no sense of style. :')
  24. Questionable
    Questionable
    Yeah, skin-making was the one thing I never had time to learn. I usually left that to my other friends who used the board, who I sadly don't have contact with anymore.
  25. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Ok so the forum is still being edited and stuff but I want to ask you all to join and start posting.
  26. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    I'll join up but I'm certainly not leaveing revleft in the foreseeable future either.

This will be a good opportunity for us to have in-depth discussions about everything ML (may it be historical or future struggles) and there will be no need to bother with CERTAN MODS THAT LIKE TO ABUSE THEIR AUTHORITY... like we have to on this page.
  27. Questionable
    Questionable
    I'll join up but I'm certainly not leaveing revleft in the foreseeable future either.

This will be a good opportunity for us to have in-depth discussions about everything ML (may it be historical or future struggles) and there will be no need to bother with CERTAN MODS THAT LIKE TO ABUSE THEIR AUTHORITY... like we have to on this page.
    We're certainly not asking anyone to leave Revleft against their will. This is just a safe haven for our own discussions.
  28. MustCrushCapitalism
    MustCrushCapitalism
    It doesn't accept MustCrushCapitalism as a username D: 1 letter too long
  29. MustCrushCapitalism
    MustCrushCapitalism
    I'm not a fan of proboards honestly. How about we make this board temporary until we can get phpb33?
  30. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I'm not a fan of proboards honestly. How about we make this board temporary until we can get phpb33?
    Yeah, this will probably be just a start-up thing until we can get a domain and stuff.
    But I won't buy a domain if it isn't active so let's just wait how this will work out.