Wheelmap

1. hatzel
    hatzel
    "Wheelmap is a map for wheelchair accessible locations. On wheelmap.org you can find out if a location is accessible or not and are also able to tag locations yourself."

As this valuable resource is predominantly 'user-generated,' it requires the contribution of individuals who can confirm whether or not local shops, stations etc. are wheelchair accessible. It is already somewhat popular in Germany, where it started - the 'face' of the site, a certain Raul Krauthausen, has been on TV to speak about it, as well as attending various other conferences, - though there is also a lot of information for other places - I noticed that a lot of places in Central London had been tagged, and I assume it is the same in other large cities.

I thought I'd post it here for two reasons. Firstly because it might be of use to members with mobility difficulties, and secondly because I thought that members with an awareness of mobility concerns may be willing to enter information to improve the resource for those who do need it. I was even organised enough to spend a day walking around my local area with a clipboard, map and pen, putting ticks and crosses on various locations, for example, though any contribution would be valuable...
  2. Left Leanings
    Left Leanings
    Nice one, comrade. I attend an LGBT group, and one of the women there is a wheelchair user. Safe