awww shit

1. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    The Old Man from scene 24 got banned, so did the Stalinator.
  2. Omsk
    Omsk
    The Stalinator was an anti-Marxist-Leninist.
  3. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Oh I see. I wan't sure because I never saw many of his posts, and because of his username I assumed that he was. Oh well.

But to be fair those images were pretty disgusting.
  4. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    Yeah, I guess it's in the best interest of everyone to stop gross pictures and such but I think he should of at least gotten a warning and should still be allowed when reporting on actual events (i.e. Syria)
  5. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    I concur. Banning was unnecessary.
  6. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I don't care about the Stalinator being banned obviously but I am sad about The Old Man From Scene 24 being banned. I also think the images were a little off-putting as even though I have a strong stomach when it comes to almost everything other than insects (other than beatles, bumble bees etc) if I have to see them close-up, I was slightly put off eating for about 40 minutes. However, I am almost positive that the images were fake (I know the story that was purported was most likely an urban myth) but that doesn't mean people should post them.

If they infracted The Old Man From Scene 24 and actually made some sort of written rule against such things then that would have been more acceptable however they failed to make a clearly defined rule governing questionable images and i think they were harsh for banning the members (even the one I don't miss at all).

TI think it was Khad, who is, in my opinion, usually a good moderator (at least for Revleft) but I do think he erred on this occasion.

It is a shame when any M-L gets banned, and especially newer members who have made a great effort to fit into the group...

My advice to all M-Ls is to keep your head down and try to be careful with what you post; don't take nonsense but don't do anything questionable in the eyes of the powers that be... especially when most mods/admins are slightly (from my observation) antagonistic to M-Ls ect
  7. Bostana
    Bostana
    How did the Old Man from Scene 24 get banned?
  8. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Something about disgusting images etc
  9. Vyacheslav Brolotov
    Disgusting images:
    http://www.revleft.com/vb/group.php?...cussionid=5963
    lol, I am going to miss both of their gross images.
  10. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Stalinator posted an even worse one of a guy with bhis face peeled off, though as Gallows said, it's most likely fake. Anyway Stalinator wasn't an m-l so meh.
  11. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    To be fair, I think they did give a warning to The Old Man and then he posted another (but it is way too easy to miss their verbal warnings, they should actually send you a PM but instead they just post them in the thread) but does that make me happy? No. The Old Man was one of our best newer members and a nice guy. His banning was very harsh. At the very least he should have got an infraction... but not even that, in fact. Disturbing images aren't exactly traumatizing like actually seeing a guy's brains being blown out for real in real life or in a film. Now that can be traumatic shit. You should have seen some of the people who had to watch that in history class when I was a kid! But tasteless images? Please! People should just grow thicker skins.
  12. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    ^ This. Who votes for contesting it?
  13. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    I agree it's worth contesting it.
  14. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Anyone else?
  15. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I doubt it would do much... though I guess there is a small chance if we all contest it. I'll stand with all who do.
  16. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Muy Bien. You might be bright tho.
  17. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    I'd contest it too, if others will.
  18. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    I think we've got enough people to make a case here, who wants to inform the giant baby eating monsters who run the world?
  19. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    I think we need more. The more there are, the stronger our case will be!
  20. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    Agreed, more of us would have to make a case. Or they'd probably ban us!
  21. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    ^True.
  22. dodger
    dodger
    As a naturally vulgar oaf, I do think we need to act with respect to others. Remember this is a blog. Our intentions or what we are about maybe crystal clear to ourself but to others? Another age group another country, language or set of values. The moderation is key! It needs to be transparent and even handed. It needs to be flexible, I do not know if I have ever been skating on thin ice, I have certainly felt as though I were. Both Stalinator and Scene 24 responded to me personally with respect. I have no problem with either. Without looking at their pics I should have thought a verbal publicly displayed would suffice.A reminder to us all. Yes a quick response to moderator to ask for reconsideration, heavens it does seem like a storm in a teacup. 2 contributors that seemed benign....hardly poisonous weeds. As a doyen of questionable taste here, I doubt my words carry much weight.........but if they do..a slap on the wrist and perlease what are you thinking of , might suffice.
  23. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    ^Indeed.
  24. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    So will you support are case, Dodger?

If so we have;
    -GallowsBird
    -рабочие товарищ
    -Dodger
    -ColonelCossack
    -El Chuncho

I still think we need MOAR.
  25. dodger
    dodger
    Yes colonel
  26. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Tres bon.
  27. dodger
    dodger
    go with what we got....it is a reasonable request to simply review...i should say both names too
  28. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    If we do then a label them as the M-L Old Man... and non-M-L Stalinator as I'd hate people to think none of us realised Stalinator wasn't an M-L and thought that is the only reason we are asking for him back as well other than that it is probably a good idea... though maybe a few more names... could do it now while it is all still fresh; we can't leave it too long.
  29. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Yeah we should do it soon. Next few days. ASAP.
  30. dodger
    dodger
    JUST A THOUGHT IS ANYBODY IN TOUCH WITH SCENE 24? Does he wish to continue? Just asking. might be an idea, those who wish exchange email with our mod, incase of any future probs, Yes go with what we got....