"Gov." Rick Snyder Hates School Children

1. Bostana
    Bostana
    Apparently It is the School's fault for Michigan's Bad economy. So to punish them he want's to cut off 5.5 million of Michigan School's funding.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ck_snyder.html
  2. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    Unsurprising. It's pathetic that this guy is actually getting away with his claims that social welfare and government-funded programs are the reason why Michigan's economy is so bad. It doesn't have anything to do with the massive outsourcing of jobs by capitalists to make more profit. Oh no, it's not the capitalists that ruined the economy, it's all those public school teachers and firemen and welfare recipients in Detroit's ghettos. Give me a break.
  3. Bostana
    Bostana
    He makes it seem like it's the Kid's and Retired people's fault.
  4. Martin Blank
    A lot of these cuts and attacks are meant to force districts to sell off their schools to private "education management organizations" -- i.e., charter school corporations. This is what's been happening in Flint, Highland Park and Detroit, where the cuts are also accompanied by an "Emergency Manager" dictator.
  5. Bostana
    Bostana
    Part of his "master" plan.
    Allows companies to make money by privatizing the Schools. And of course the Schools weren't just going to give themselves up, so he started cutting funding.
  6. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    The right-wing libertarian dream of a completely privatized society is coming to fruition. Soon companies will create their own mini countries, employing their private armies to attack others for more territory and capital. They will force their workers to live on their private land and make their children go to their private schools. The United States will finally collapse into a confederation again of competing capitalist states. I'm kind of joking, but you get my point.
  7. Bostana
    Bostana
    The right-wing libertarian dream of a completely privatized society is coming to fruition. Soon companies will create their own mini countries, employing their private armies to attack others for more territory and capital. They will force their workers to live on their private land and make their children go to their private schools. The United States will finally collapse into a confederation again of competing capitalist states. I'm kind of joking, but you get my point.
    Maybe....Maybe.......