New Maintainer for Our Group?

1. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    Like the Maoists, our group maintainer has not been around for some time. I'll not be knocking Vegan Marxist but I do think we should vote for a new, more active maintainer (at least temporarily). What does everyone think? Who'll nominate themselves or others?
  2. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Yh, you're right. Vegan Marxist is a good comrade, very intelligent and well suited to being group maintainer, but he hasn't been around in quite some time.

I vote for Ismail. Second choice Omsk.
  3. DrStrangelove
    DrStrangelove
    I put in a vote for Ismail as well
  4. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    I nominate gallowsbird.
  5. Ismail
    Ismail
    I don't mind maintaining the group. Vote Ismail! He shall exclude ze Trots and such!
  6. Omsk
    Omsk
    Ismail,if he removes non ML's.
  7. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    As Ismail has enough support, I nominate GallowsBird first. My second choice goes to Ismail, and third choice Omsk. All fine comrades and all worthy of being maintainers.

Excluding the Trots would be a great idea, Ismail.
  8. Omsk
    Omsk
    There are a number of good posters in this group,but Ismail is the oldest member [An old member + active + moderator] so i think,in a vote,he should get the group moderation.
  9. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    As Ismail has enough support, I nominate GallowsBird first.
    I nominate gallowsbird.
    Thank you comrades. I am honoured to be considered alongside the great members Omsk and Ismail. I do not mind which of any of us gets the task as long as we have a maintainer to keep this board active. I do miss Vegan Marxist though; it is a shame he hasn't been on for quite some time.
  10. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    Yeah, each members deserve the position equally. I mean, Ismail does the most and is the oldest member here probably, also a mod, so he is very suited to the task and I think he'll win and it'll certainly be good for the group. But you, GallowsBird and Omsk, are great members too. Omsk for his ferocious debates with Trots and Co. and his great use of quotes and GallowsBird for being the recent heart of the group when it comes to camaraderie (and he has debated well against Trots and anarchists too).

Vegan, I thought, was a great poster and a great contributor to the forum. Sad that he is not around now.
  11. Bostana
    Bostana
    I as well vote Ismail.
  12. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    I think it best we organize a poll and inform every m-l via pm (that is unless we can cut some of the confirmed trolls,Nazis and ect.)
  13. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    I also suggest we finish counting the votes at the end of the month.
  14. Zealot
    Zealot
    Ismail.
  15. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    There are a number of good posters in this group,but Ismail is the oldest member [An old member + active + moderator] so i think,in a vote,he should get the group moderation.
    That is a good point.

Speaking of which, what happened to Rjevan? He was, if I recall correctly, the only M-L admin. It is a shame that he seems to be "missing in action" also.
  16. Roach
    Roach
    ismail
  17. Omsk
    Omsk
    Rjevan is gone for some time now,unfortunately.

Oh,and we should find a way to let all ML's know that a voting process is going on.(We have some very active members that didnt vote yet)
  18. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    Yes, to get things moving I vote Ismail; I don't think Omsk will be offended (as another nominee) as I am going with what he said to make my decision; Ismail is a mod and to my knowledge has been here the longest.

I think in future we should make an anonymous poll only M-Ls know about though. We should choose the maintainer as soon as possibly though so we need all of us to vote.
  19. Omsk
    Omsk
    Why would i get offended?I personally voted for Ismail.

Off-topic: Do you like this red star?I change avatars really often.
  20. Khalid
    Khalid
    Ismail is good.
  21. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    yeah looks cool

where is that particular one from?
  22. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    Why would i get offended?
    You wouldn't be! I should have said "Omsk wouldn't be" really.

It is good, however I think it would look better with gold/yellow instead of white.
  23. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    We have a problem concerning members such as Dr. Zaun who are M-Ls but can't come here to vote in this as they haven't been accepted into the group; it seems this group is set so you need approval... which is why we should set a new maintainer soon... but leaves the problem of those members not having their votes counted now.
  24. Omsk
    Omsk
    yeah looks cool

where is that particular one from?
    It's a classical version of the star,USSR probably.

You wouldn't be!
    Of course not.

It is good, however I think it would look better with gold/yellow instead of white.
    Well yes,expect more changes,haha.
  25. Lee Van Cleef
    Lee Van Cleef
    I vote Ismail.
  26. The Old Man from Scene 24
    Ismail.
  27. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    I also suggest we finish counting the votes at the end of the month.
    I agree. I vote for Ismail.
  28. Ismail
    Ismail
    I have decided that I'd rather not be the group's maintainer.

Dun dun dunnnnnnn.
  29. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    I have decided that I'd rather not be the group's maintainer.

Dun dun dunnnnnnn.
    Well shit. Then I vote for GallowsBird.
  30. Khalid
    Khalid
    GallowsBird