Commissar Rykov has been banned

1. The Old Man from Scene 24
    Does anyone know what happened?
  2. RedGrunt
    RedGrunt
    He said some pretty fucked up shit.
    http://www.revleft.com/vb/flames-and...436/index.html

The thread it was said in was derailed and asinine for awhile but he went rather onto personal domain.
  3. Ismail
    Ismail
    Those were some rather lame posts he made.
  4. RedGrunt
    RedGrunt
    Mainly shit left over from the "The Purge", it would seem.
  5. Zealot
    Zealot
    Shame he got banned, it looks as though he had just accepted Marxism-Leninism.

They were pretty trollish posts but he said 555 needs to get laid which was somehow interpreted as equaling misogyny and rape. Where's the original thread?
  6. RedGrunt
    RedGrunt
    I don't think they said it qualified as advocating "rape", but I can see how that'd be misgyny honestly.

Here's a link to the original thread, though I imagine it go renamed at some point. I'm wondering now if it was taken out of another thread or something.
    http://www.revleft.com/vb/men-interj...ight=interject
  7. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    What he said was pretty bad, but a banning is going too far. It did not qualify as advocating rape, either.

Saying someone should get laid is not the same thing as saying ''you should be aggressively raped to death''. How nonsensical! Or is all ''laying'' (sexual intercourse) now just rape? Hmm, no wonder people think that some leftists think sex is bad...
  8. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    I think it was very bad... I think the implication that the BA took was that this had sexist connotations, in that it could be seen as the old stereotype that, "women talk to much so they need a man to get them to shut up" or some shit. I can see the direction their coming from, and I'm not going to say what happened was particularly unfair. But maybe just a suspension would have been more appropriate? After all, he didn't advocate rape, or say anything that was definitively reactionary... it's hard to know what people mean on the internet forum... and maybe he was just having a bad day. I don't know; I don't know fully what happened.
  9. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    Also saying ''get laid'' is commonly said to men by other men. Does that mean they are telling over men that they should be brutally raped? No, it means that people, and I do not agree, should go out and actually have a sexual relationship and stop jacking off. Also the fact that men usually say it to other men majorly discounts the view that what he said was sexist.
  10. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    ^I suppose that's true.
  11. DiaMat86
    DiaMat86
    Well I'm glad to see the "Arch Trots" Artesian and Red Dave were banned.
  12. Roach
    Roach
    Comissar Rykov made a huge mistake while trying to pick a fight over such an irrelavant and stupid issue, his unnescessary banning was a huge drawnback for all marxist-leninists in this website due to his constant desire to increase the level of theoretical discussion in this group.

When I say that this group should follow his legacy, my intention is not to look silly and try to create somekind of siege or mentality or a cult of martyrdom, much less I am trying to sound like the ultimate voice on Marxist-Leninist theoretical discussion, considering that I post rarely, nor do I think MLs are in anyway persecuted by the forum's administration. What I want to say is that it is absolutely imperative for us to continue his habit of good level discussion of theory.
  13. Roach
    Roach
    God, now I think I was too flowery and exagerated, it looks like I wrote his obituary or something, the point is he did good stuff in this group, raised standards and shit, lets try to keep it up and make the group better for both veterans and newcomers.
  14. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    God, now I think I was too flowery and exagerated, it looks like I wrote his obituary or something, the point is he did good stuff in this group, raised standards and shit, lets try to keep it up and make the group better for both veterans and newcomers.
    WE WILL REMEMBER OUR GLORIOUS COMRADE COMMISSAR RYKOV. HE GAVE HIS LIFE IN THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR, PROTECTING THE REVOLUTION FROM THE FASCISTS! WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HIM!

lol jk
  15. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    I agree. We need to keep the discourse up. I don't want to see this group go cold and barren like so many other tendencies have. Keep the ML's strong!
  16. Ismail
    Ismail
    Well, there's always my notes.
  17. Roach
    Roach
    I am not trying to devalue them. They are also an excellent addition.
  18. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    Indeed.
  19. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    Yeah, there's definitely some gems in there. We like you Ismail.
  20. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    Every somewhat active member is a gem here. It is just always sad when our numbers fall, especially when they were banned for things they didn't actually do.

I agree wholeheartedly with Roach, and I'll try to enter the discussions here a bit more.
  21. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    I agree. We need to keep the discourse up. E don't want to see this group go cold and barren like so many other tendencies have. Keep the ML's strong!
    Well, there's always my notes.

Your notes are resource, not to discourse on new party ideas. Why they are helpful in undoing the falsification of the past, they have little effect on proving communism at a superior alternative to capitalism. This is one the reasons why I've not come back to the site a long time, I have to keep it on defending our past even from other ML's.

The result is a lack of discussion on achieving the communist stage for mankind. Not too long ago I had a debate with other ML's off-line about "Stalin's bachelor tax". The debate was about why the tax came to be and its relevance to this time and age. Our conclusion was a bachelor tax was a way to support many single mothers and orphans produced by the Russian Revolution, be they produced by loss of family( due to war) or women who said that they would have childern by people who were fighing for them (but forgot to come home to Mary). The debate went on than to whether we should still keep such a bachelor's tax. One person pointed out that there are a lot of deadbeat family members out there that leave the father or the mother with raising the children alone. And this would be just grounds for a tax on single people.

During this debate I came up with a radical idea.

Instead of taxing people for being single, we should conscript them into the military. Most nations conscript people into their military for a set period of time. Why not allow these people to set the time of their service by controlling when they get married. They can stay in the military as long as they like by just being single, and if they want to leave all they have to do is get married.

You may be saying to yourself that this is stupid, what is marriage mean right now to people? I'll tell you it means you get the life insurance policy of the person you stay with. There's no other reason right now for a couple to stay together other than to get money for the other one's death. Is this what we want marriage to mean to our people? To value some and more dead than alive?

The meaning of marriage would change under this bachelor conscription. Now people would have a reason to keep their spouse a life, as the death of said spouse would result in them being sent to the military, and presumably their death. The result is that people would value each other more alive than dead, the polar opposite of current bourgeoisie marriages.
  22. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    The thing is though, what if their spouse dies of an incurable disease, but they cared for them for years? Should they be exempt for the military.

I think, also, that people should be allowed to stay in the military as long as they like, but maybe they should only be conscripted into the military for about 1 or 2 years.
  23. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    I think, also, that people should be allowed to stay in the military as long as they like, but maybe they should only be conscripted into the military for about 1 or 2 years.

Under this system, they can stay in the Army as long as they like, my just not getting married. I think this is better than having them serve for 1 or 2 years, and then being booted out the Army.

The thing is though, what if their spouse dies of an incurable disease, but they cared for them for years? Should they be exempt for the military.
    If the spouse dies, then that person returned to the military. This gives him the maximum reason to care for their spouse. We know though that couples get older one spouse will die before the other normally over the age of retirement, 60 to 70 or so. At this age they would not make very good frontline combat troops, but there are hundreds of desk jobs that would give these old-timers with free time on their hands something to do.
  24. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    Shame Commissar Rykov was banned. I am not in any way supporting what he said but I am sure he should have just got an Infraction, or at most a Restriction. I am not saying that we are being persecuted here on RevLeft but many M-Ls have been banned or left in the a short time. Commissar Rykov made some good posts here and on the boards so he will be missed as we need more discussions in this group but also on the boards.