Revleft and Aggression

1. Commissar Rykov
    When I first came to Revleft I found a lot of posters who I really enjoyed and made me feel welcome though now most don't post here anymore or have been banned. The aggressive campaign by the Anarchists and Left Communists is starting to wear on my nerves as debate is no longer going on and it is just becoming more and more about guttersniping and attacking Leninists of any stripes. What I find even more ironic is the Trotskyists jump in on the attacks on Leninists to drive them away from the board as well while seemingly oblivious that they will be driven out next.

Maybe it is just me but I find the boards tiresome at this point as it is just nonsensical attacks and ranting by Left Coms and Anarchists who are more interested in thrashing people for following the line of Lenin than they are in proving their ideological thinking could even be applicable to the real world. Honestly I used to like to post here but anymore I feel like it is walking through a minefield as any comment can make one of these zealots leap into a fit of rage. I mean look at the attacks on Ismail now for just moving a fucking thread to learning from history. Meh sorry for the rant but I really am tired of coming on here just seeing all this garbage posted by a bunch of anarcho-kiddies.
  2. RedGrunt
    RedGrunt
    I'm rather new, especially regarding ML but since I've joined that's exactly what I've seen. Look at Tir's threads, while it did appear that he was goading, they all just immediately attack and troll. I mean even if Tir was goading, he didn't set up the threads offensively and one could just steer away from it. Instead, they all post one liners whose sole purpose is to entertain the crowd then thanks it.

And with Ismail they started that before. I recall Red Dave (/sigh) making a post asking Ismail why he's even a history mod then it spreads and all the others start doing it. They've taken lots of shit out of context with both Tir(like implying he's racist, or nationalist) and Ismail(see the Manson thread).

I have yet to see much childishness come from the ML side, save a few exceptions.
  3. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    When I first came to Revleft I found a lot of posters who I really enjoyed and made me feel welcome though now most don't post here anymore or have been banned. The aggressive campaign by the Anarchists and Left Communists is starting to wear on my nerves as debate is no longer going on and it is just becoming more and more about guttersniping and attacking Leninists of any stripes. What I find even more ironic is the Trotskyists jump in on the attacks on Leninists to drive them away from the board as well while seemingly oblivious that they will be driven out next.

Maybe it is just me but I find the boards tiresome at this point as it is just nonsensical attacks and ranting by Left Coms and Anarchists who are more interested in thrashing people for following the line of Lenin than they are in proving their ideological thinking could even be applicable to the real world. Honestly I used to like to post here but anymore I feel like it is walking through a minefield as any comment can make one of these zealots leap into a fit of rage. I mean look at the attacks on Ismail now for just moving a fucking thread to learning from history. Meh sorry for the rant but I really am tired of coming on here just seeing all this garbage posted by a bunch of anarcho-kiddies.
    You now see the many reason why I ask ML only to us the ML and other Stalinist groups on this site. At this point I don't need to tell you that the only way to get things done here is to us Stalinist groups on RevLeft.

If any of you would like to work on real theory or ideals, instead of trolling, I'm more then happy to work with you in a of these groups.

I would note that the Neo-stalinist is the one to get the most work done around here.
  4. Ismail
    Ismail
    I'm starting to feel that us Marxist-Leninists will need to confine most of their activities to groups, like the vast majority of Maoists who basically don't post outside of their Maoist group.
  5. Roach
    Roach
    Please calm down, there was always ideological tension between diferent tendencies on this forum, the only thing that could be seen as a disadvantage to our side is the fact that the posters who made up the key ''front'' (pardon the rather militarystic language) were banned, only after a long persecution and under constant pressure, leaving Ismail as the most knowledge active user. While they were certainly ideologicaly flawed at some points, their political knowledge was undeniable, and it was splendid to see Marxist-Leninist shamelessly and proudly talking about their views, again I disagreed with them on a lot of things, but they earned my respect because they had enough knowledge and patience to expose their views, and they were principled enough to not be intimidated by some foul-mouthed trot.

I suggest to those who do want to be respected, to study more Marxist-Leninist theory and history, well, I admit, it is a pretty silly reason to, and you should study if you want to call yourself Marxist-Leninist anyway, but why not?

(Thus spoke the hypocrite who barelly posts.)
  6. Commissar Rykov
    Please calm down, there was always ideological tension between diferent tendencies on this forum, the only thing that could be seen as a disadvantage to our side is the fact that the posters who made up the key ''front'' (pardon the rather militarystic language) were banned, only after a long persecution and under constant pressure, leaving Ismail as the most knowledge active user. While they were certainly ideologicaly flawed at some points, their political knowledge was undeniable, and it was splendid to see Marxist-Leninist shamelessly and proudly talking about their views, again I disagreed with them on a lot of things, but they earned my respect because they had enough knowledge and patience to expose their views, and they were principled enough to not be intimidated by some foul-mouthed trot.

I suggest to those who do want to be respected, to study more Marxist-Leninist theory and history, well, I admit, it is a pretty silly reason to, and you should study if you want to call yourself Marxist-Leninist anyway, but why not?

(Thus spoke the hypocrite who barelly posts.)
    That would be great if there was any debate to be engaged in but every time someone tries to post something serious it just turns into LOL Stalinist, Leninist, Maoist, Authoritarian, etc. There isn't any debate much anymore in fact it is just become a bloodletting with people purposefully attacking on ideology and using it to farm rep while doing so. I lost a lot of respect for some posters on here as they have spent more time circlejerking to look cool then they have in engaging in a proper dialogue. I am all for proper discussion but lets face it the current environment isn't fostering it as the Left Coms smell Leninist blood in the water and take it as an active reason to attack people for ideological reasons.

I'm starting to feel that us Marxist-Leninists will need to confine most of their activities to groups, like the vast majority of Maoists who basically don't post outside of their Maoist group.
    Pretty much and even then most of the Maoists are gone which is too bad as there were some really good comrades in that group. I have seen you get attacked for providing sources Ismail and then only to be continued to get attacked when you walk away from the debate instead of engaging in mudslinging it is a rather sad example of what the forums has turned into that even showing respect and walking away is worthy of attack and aggression.
  7. The Old Man from Scene 24
    Sometimes I feel like we need our own forum site.
  8. Ismail
    Ismail
    Sometimes I feel like we need our own forum site.
    That's been tried before and it doesn't work. RevLeft, despite the lameness by Trots, Left-Coms, etc., is still generally a good place for discussion between tendencies. I stress between. I think it's much better than, say, Soviet Empire where everyone is just a bland Brezhnevite tankie.
  9. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    In my non-ML experience, it's not the anarchists who are being aggressive. It's the broad left-com milieu (hardcore left-coms, "Marxist-Humanists," etc.) that subscribes to the ultra-left strategy of Riots, Strike Waves, All Power to Non-Party Councils, etc.

You MLs just need to counter by stating that RevLeft isn't, thankfully, Libcom.
  10. Roach
    Roach
    In my non-ML experience, it's not the anarchists who are being aggressive. It's the broad left-com milieu (hardcore left-coms, "Marxist-Humanists," etc.) that subscribes to the ultra-left strategy of Riots, Strike Waves, All Power to Non-Party Councils, etc.
    I would add to that list the rejection of national-liberation struggles, democratic (de)centralism and vague sloganeering, though you also uphold the first two views, but in a complete diferent way. All this, plus a historical intellectual rivalry, contribute to mutual hostility, but this is natural, and dont expect it to be diferent anywhere else.
  11. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    Will the Maoist also post here, even thought this is not the Maoist group. But you are right the only way things can get done is to post in our own groups.
  12. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin

You MLs just need to counter by stating that RevLeft isn't, thankfully, Libcom.
    The probelm is that this is not the experience of most ML. The most bitter fight I have ever had, are with anarchists about union. Trots are just as bad, one of them asked me what was wrong with free access to labor, as if the ideal of the free market was not a bad thing.
  13. Coyote
    Coyote
    Redstomp.org seems decent. From what I have gathered it's mostly Marxist-Leninists and Maoists.
  14. The Vegan Marxist
    The Vegan Marxist
    Yes, it is, but please do not bring any revleft feelings/thoughts/objections with you to Redstomp.
  15. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    So true.

it's an obstacle to discussion that urgently needs to be overcome.
  16. Zealot
    Zealot
    I thought Ismail was the moderator of the History forum, now it's thesadmafioso
  17. Commissar Rykov
    I thought Ismail was the moderator of the History forum, now it's thesadmafioso
    People were demanding a Trotskyist or a LeftCom and they got it so it seems.
  18. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    I feel your sentiment, but honestly if it wasn't for reading some of those debates on topics in the main forums, I may not have gotten involved with talking to the ML's and joining their groups.
  19. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    People were demanding a Trotskyist or a LeftCom and they got it so it seems.
    What?!? They choose mods based on tendency now?

Da fok?

It's a shame, Ismail was very knowledgable on the subject.
  20. flobdob
    flobdob
    Childish slurs and attacks from the most politically moribund and reactionary sections of the left? Colour me suprised.
  21. Ismail
    Ismail
    I resigned as history mod out of lack of interest.
  22. RedHal
    RedHal
    the admin team has now decided on suspensions rather than outright bans ever since prominant/annoying trotskyites have started misbehaving...
  23. Commissar Rykov
    the admin team has now decided on suspensions rather than outright bans ever since prominant/annoying trotskyites have started misbehaving...
    Amazing isn't it?