A Question

1. ComradeOmar
    ComradeOmar
    Hey Comrades just recently joined this group and am wondering is Esperanto only spoken by revolutionaries? Also will this be like a "secret" language only for revolutionaries? Dont get me wrong guys I know this is already a language for the past centuries but i'm still very confused
  2. Q
    Q
    Esperanto is a constructed language dating back from 1887 when the Polish linguist L. L. Zamenhof published its first book on it. Read also the Wikipedia article on the subject.

Esperanto is a very easy to learn language. From that same Wiki article, it is stated that:
    2000 hours studying German = 1500 hours studying English = 1000 hours studying Italian = 150 hours studying Esperanto.
    It is not only a language for revolutionaries. On the contrary, there is only a minority of the left that embraces Esperanto at the present time. The Esperanto community, with different levels of fluency, is estimated at around 2 million.

I believe Esperanto to be the language of the coming European revolution. It could unite the many different languages with ease. On the continent English is not as universal as often thought and it is of course culturally biased. Esperanto is a neutral language. In this way any European would, ideally, only have to learn two languages: his/her own dialect and Esperanto. This would therefore also nurish cultural diversity instead of needing a cultural monogamy.

So, if we are to build a trans-European workers party-movement, I believe Esperanto has to be an essential cultural part of it.

If you want to learn the language, I refer you to the site that is dedicated about it: http://lernu.net
  3. ComradeOmar
    ComradeOmar
    Thanks comrade! I think its a great idea