Riots in UK

1. darth_revan
    darth_revan
    What do Marxist-Leninists think about the riots in UK? I could not find a reliable source, only this: http://redyouthuk.wordpress.com/2011...s-fights-back/

Any detailed article would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ColonelCossack
    ColonelCossack
    I think it would be difficult to find a useful, reliable source because they would probably mostly be hugely biased- the majority in favour of the police.

Maybe the rioters should read some Lenin.
  3. The Vegan Marxist
    The Vegan Marxist
    "I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today - my own government.

When you cut facilities, slash jobs, abuse power, discriminate, drive people into deeper poverty and shoot people dead whilst refusing to provide answers or justice, the people will rise up and express their anger and frustration if you refuse to hear their cries. A riot is the language of the unheard."

-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
  4. flobdob
    flobdob
    This is the uproar of the working class, after years of attacks under successive Labour and Tory governments. It isn't pretty, but class struggle isn't a dinner party.

Our statement is here, with an eyewitness report from Manchester here.
  5. Commissar Rykov
    I tend to have major sympathies with the rioters especially after the USA has offered their expertise in putting down these so called "gangs." Maybe it is just me but it seems the School of the Americas is now moving outside of its original mandate and helping its NATO allies. The reality is this shows to me that the bourgeoisie are very international in nature sure they will slaughter each other for resources but that is just business. They always have each others backs when the shit hits the fan because you can't have the Proles getting ideas above their station.
  6. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    What do Marxist-Leninists think about the riots in UK? I could not find a reliable source, only this: http://redyouthuk.wordpress.com/2011...s-fights-back/

Any detailed article would be greatly appreciated.
    I think the best way to answer your question is to ask some one form the Revolutionary Communist Party of Britain (Marxist–Leninist) or some one form the Stalin Society, what they think of the riots in Britain
  7. Commissar Rykov
    http://www.rcpbml.org.uk/

Seems our Comrades in the UK are siding with the Youth here. Not surprised.
  8. Dzerzhinsky's Ghost
    Dzerzhinsky's Ghost
    I can't really comment on the subject to much as I am living in the US and haven't read to many reports about the situations in Britain, just wanted to thank comrades here for the links. Will post more once I feel I have a fair understanding of the situation(s).
  9. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    http://www.rcpbml.org.uk/

Seems our Comrades in the UK are siding with the Youth here. Not surprised.
    I think this link clearly answer the question.
  10. Bostana
    Bostana
    This shows that the proletariats of England are unhappy with their government and are ready for a new one that will help the common people.
  11. RedMarxist
    This is what pisses me off about Thatcher and pals. Take from the Poor, give to the Rich. Cameron is merely following her philosophy. I wish that there was a vanguard party that could have channeled all that hate, all that anger, into a massive assault on the state. Instead we get largely successful police crackdowns.

maybe next time...
  12. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    This is what pisses me off about Thatcher and pals. Take from the Poor, give to the Rich. Cameron is merely following her philosophy. I wish that there was a vanguard party that could have channeled all that hate, all that anger, into a massive assault on the state. Instead we get largely successful police crackdowns.

maybe next time...
    The successful police crackdown is what happens when people support anarchist over communist. There are many more Stalinist groups in the UK, but they have very little support from the mass. Most go to the anarchist and the results can be seen with the uk riots.
  13. RedMarxist
    maybe they'd have more support if they weren't in my opinion, supporting a tyrant.

May I suggest supporting Lenin but not Stalin, as Stalin kind of turns people off If you get my drift for rather obvious reasons.

I personally cannot out of a moral choice honestly say that I support Stalin.
  14. DiaMat86
    DiaMat86
    Stalin was not a "tyrant". That conclusion is based on anti-communist lies.

Stalin's main mistake was promoting nationalism instead of communism. The movement can not go forward until that contradiction is dealt with.
  15. Gustav HK
    Gustav HK
    Stalin's main mistake was promoting nationalism instead of communism.
    Where did he do that? SioC is not nationalism.
  16. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    Stalin was not a "tyrant". That conclusion is based on anti-communist lies.

Stalin's main mistake was promoting nationalism instead of communism. The movement can not go forward until that contradiction is dealt with.
    Can you tell us how Stalin supported nationalism, he was the one that lead the war against it (second world war ).
  17. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    maybe they'd have more support if they weren't in my opinion, supporting a tyrant.

May I suggest supporting Lenin but not Stalin, as Stalin kind of turns people off If you get my drift for rather obvious reasons.

I personally cannot out of a moral choice honestly say that I support Stalin.
    I found that most people who support Lenin will in time support Stalin. Also those that hate Stalin will in time hate Lenin. This is becuase Stalin was biggest supporter of Lenin.
  18. DienBienPhu
    DienBienPhu
    Stalin used russian chauvinism. When he was at the head of the USSR, appeared the idea that russian people was "the grand-brother" among over soviets peoples, idea that was fought in the 20s. From 30s to 50s, even in the federate republics of Caucasus and Central Asia, most important positions (directions of police and KGB, for example) were systematically held by Russians (or, in a lesser measure, by Ukrainians and Belarussians).
  19. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    Stalin used russian chauvinism. When he was at the head of the USSR, appeared the idea that russian people was "the grand-brother" among over soviets peoples, idea that was fought in the 20s. From 30s to 50s, even in the federate republics of Caucasus and Central Asia, most important positions (directions of police and KGB, for example) were systematically held by Russians (or, in a lesser measure, by Ukrainians and Belarussians).
    The KGB was not around at this time. It was the SMASH units and the NKVD unit which were Anti-terrorist units. Also those area that you noted had already had "Russian" in power before world war 1.
  20. DienBienPhu
    DienBienPhu
    KGB or NKVD, that doesn't change anything =)
  21. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    KGB or NKVD, that doesn't change anything =)
    yes it does. The FBI or CIA couold be said to be the KGB here, But only special forces could be said to be the NKVD here. The KGB is what what we would call a secret poilce, But the NKDV is a special force unit. While the FBI. CIA, and KGB, had no troops that toke part in any war, the NKDV did have troops, which toke part during the second world war.