Allowing OI'ers to view our group

1. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    The HPG has been made viewable to OI'ers, and I was wondering if there was support in this group to make it viewable to them as well.

I support it for the following reasons -

1. They will be able to read the threads and might actually learn something.

2. They can't post in here, so it won't become an Left Communist-OI hybrid.

3. They can read almost all other subforums bar most of the groups and the CC, so why not this group?

I think we should discuss this, and if there is enough support for the idea, we can vote on it.
  2. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    I've added a poll.
  3. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    I voted yes.
  4. Raúl Duke
    Raúl Duke
    Yes for the same reasons I put in the anarchist forum.
  5. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    Ironically, I voted yes for this forum for obvious reasons. While some ideas can be read by OIers, I don't post any of my "bright ideas" (in both the confident and cynical sense) in this user group.
  6. Devrim
    Devrim
    I don't think that you understand how this group works. It is not a democratic group where all members have a say. It is the left communist discussion group. It probably has more members who are anarchist than left communists. If it was a democratic group it would cease to be left communist very quickly.

So your vote isn't really relevant to this question. It is in line with what we want. We say yes.

Devrim
  7. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    ^^^ Being "organic" now, are we?
  8. Devrim
    Devrim
    No Jacob, How we envisaged this group from the start was that it would be run by the left communists, but be open to all those who wanted to discuss left communist ideas. There would be two statuses as it were, 'left communist', and 'member of the left communist discussion group'. Which do you think applies to you?

Devrim
  9. Entrails Konfetti
    Entrails Konfetti
    Aren't we just being busy for the sake of it?
  10. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    Who voted no?
  11. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    Anyone else want to vote?
  12. Devrim
    Devrim
    Anyone else want to vote?
    You don't have a vote

Devrim
  13. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    You don't have a vote

Devrim
    I've already voted.
  14. Devrim
    Devrim
    As I explained before though you vote doesn't count for anything.

Devrim
  15. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    How do we find out who voted, so that votes cast by left communists count and votes cast by anarchists dont?
  16. Devrim
    Devrim
    We don't. This forum can be opened to public viewing because it is what the left communists want. No vote is necessary.

Devrim
  17. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    It already is open for public viewing. This thread is regarding allowing the OI'ers to view it as well.
  18. Devrim
    Devrim
    Yes, we want it open to them to. We have nothing to hide in discussions here and want them as open as possible.

Devrim
  19. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    I'm sorry Devrim, but who appointed you the 'final judge' of who's vote 'counts' and who's doesn't? And what does that even mean? As RA noted, he voted - and it counted. All you're saying is you don't think it counts for something beyond an actual vote...

- August
  20. Devrim
    Devrim
    I'm sorry Devrim, but who appointed you the 'final judge' of who's vote 'counts' and who's doesn't? And what does that even mean? As RA noted, he voted - and it counted. All you're saying is you don't think it counts for something beyond an actual vote...
    This is a bit old, August, but basically the whole vote doesn't count. Lots of people are members of this group who are not left communists. That is fine. It is a group for discussing left communism, not a group of left communists, but it is the left communists who take the decisions.

Devrim
  21. zimmerwald1915
    Gravedigging threads ain't necessary.
  22. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    Yeah, I didn't realize it - I was still able to vote which means the poll was still open... If this thread's old then a mod or forum leader ought to lock it.

- August