Supplies

1. Sand Castle
    Sand Castle
    Hello. I've been a PSL member for a few months now. I don't live in a city with a branch. I'm an at-large member. I was wondering though. Some members I've met have party pins. How can I get one?

Also, I've been trying to get hold of one of those Che signs we have. The nearest branch says they have tons, but I would need to come up there and get one. That'll be a hassle. I think it would be useful to have some sort of PSL sign, even if it isn't the Che one, to use at protests in my area. Can anyone help me out? I would ask the same people again, but they are usually busy and forget. I don't want to agitate them constantly.

If you can't help, it's no big deal.
  2. Chimurenga.
    Sings are something you should definitely take up with your nearest branch. If anything, they might be able to send you a PDF of a placard and you could make your own following these steps: http://www2.answercoalition.org/site...anizersToolkit (See: "Seize BP Placards")

As for the pins, I think they might be really limited. At the conference, they didn't have many and sold out REALLY fast. So I'd ask your local branch about that as well.

I see you're from Richmond, any chance that you may be heading up to DC for the March 19th demonstration? I'm going to try to head up for that.

3. Kassad
    Kassad
    I contact the nearby branches to get PDF files for placards, which I then print out at nearby printers. It's not expensive and once you get the hang of it, it's relatively easy. I would also contact a branch about pins. I'm sure there's still some around.
  4. Rusty Shackleford
    Rusty Shackleford
    actually, at the conference i asked around about the pins, and a comrade works or worked at a pin place and could only get or make a few at a time.

as for placards. everyone else covered that one sufficiently.
  5. Sand Castle
    Sand Castle
    OK, thanks. Yeah, I guess I just need to hound them about emailing me a broadsheet so I can print it out and make my own placard. Or maybe they'll give me one if I make it to DC one of these days.

I really am trying to get up to DC in March, to answer the first comrade's response. I'm actually trying to organize a charter bus, but it's pretty expensive and financially risky given that there is no guarantee many people will show up to pay for a bus ride. So I want to get like 5 other Richmond people to help me organize it and split the cost ($250 each).

I'm unable to make it to DC most of the time. I can make it maybe once a year.