the lack of existence of Council Communist groups

1. Entrails Konfetti
    Entrails Konfetti
    Why do Council-Communist groups cease to exist?

Also I really don't understand the fudemental differences between the Left-Communists and the Council-Communists.

From what I understand:
    Most Council-Communists reject decadence theory, aren't for the world-wide party; as they see its not possible to have those resources. Instead they are for small local groups which propagate to workers, and these groups are in loose correspondance wth eachother.

Left-Communists, don't all uphold Decadence but this theory is of their tradition, are for a world-wide party to spearhead the revolution.
  2. Devrim
    Devrim
    I think that one of the reasons that the council communist groups ceased to exist was their attitude towards political organisation. Of course part of it was historical accident.

I think most of them accepted a decadence theory of some sort.

The council communists were a descendent from the German communist left, which had more 'anarchist' positions on the organisational question.

Devrim
  3. black magick hustla
    black magick hustla
    i think the old council communists had a tendency to reject the role of the militant and of organizations. i think this played a part on their dissappearace.

neverthlless, council communist ideas did survive in "modernist" european movements, like with the french situationists etc. i know devrim doesnt considers the situationists "left communist", but i do think those type of organizations where were "council communist" ideas were stronger the latter half of the 20th century.

furthermore, it seems to me council communists have to much of a fetish on the "council" as a mode of organization, and probably that became an impediment to them in times when "centralization" was needed-
  4. Devrim
    Devrim
    i think the old council communists had a tendency to reject the role of the militant and of organizations. i think this played a part on their dissappearace.
    I completely agree here.

neverthlless, council communist ideas did survive in "modernist" european movements, like with the french situationists etc. i know devrim doesnt considers the situationists "left communist", but i do think those type of organizations where were "council communist" ideas were stronger the latter half of the 20th century.
    I agree that their were similarities, and that those people were influenced by council communism. I think that there were also important political differences, and that you could equally say that they were influenced by the breaks splits from Trotskyism in the 1940s.

furthermore, it seems to me council communists have to much of a fetish on the "council" as a mode of organization, and probably that became an impediment to them in times when "centralization" was needed-
    I think to an extent you are right here. Councils can also centralise though.

Devrim