Publishing?

1. Leo
    Leo
    I think it would be a good idea if we tried to publish the discussions we have here. What does everyone think about this? Any ideas?
  2. Entrails Konfetti
    Entrails Konfetti
    I see no problem, as long as you have the concent of the particants in said conversations.
  3. Cryotank Screams
    Cryotank Screams
    I see no problem, as long as you have the concent of the particants in said conversations.
    Agreed. But if printing isn't possible, what if we the group set up a website akin to RS2K's website in which we create a compliation of posts under a certain topic and each compilation could be voted and agreed upon by members of the group?
  4. Entrails Konfetti
    Entrails Konfetti
    Leo, do you mean EKS publishing these posts for their materials, or revleft itself?
  5. Leo
    Leo
    I mean the left communism discussion group publishing the discussions, not the EKS.
  6. Entrails Konfetti
    Entrails Konfetti
    If that is possible. I don't know what you mean exactly. But I'm okay with it aslong as the participants concent.
  7. Edelweiss
    Edelweiss
    I think printing is a bit megalomaniac, nobody will really care I'm afraid.

However, it would be a good idea to summarize good discussions for our article section.

With the idea to publish a PDF version of the best articles from time to time, our articles could also be available for printing then.

I don't really think we should waste the money and resources to publish an actual paper version.
  8. Leo
    Leo
    I think printing is a bit megalomaniac, nobody will really care I'm afraid.

However, it would be a good idea to summarize good discussions for our article section.

With the idea to publish a PDF version of the best articles from time to time, our articles could also be available for printing then.

I don't really think we should waste the money and resources to publish an actual paper version.

In my experience of publishing stuff, there's always people interested in such discussions. For example, there is an e-mail group called Meltdown and they send dozens of long mails discussing deep economical issues to the mail group everyday, and this mail group had about hundred members the last time I checked, most of whom follow and occasionally write something about the discussions.

Publishing is more about people involved putting the time, commitment and the energy in it and with the texts (texts of the discussions) already being there, I thought it would be easy.

However perhaps it's too soon for paper printed publishing and it might be materially impossible anyway. But maybe we can make an e-zine or something like that?
  9. Edelweiss
    Edelweiss
    well, like I said the most effective way for now would just to put it in the articles section, and see what the feedback is. I'm actually hoping other groups will do the same.

I think an own ezine for the group is a nice outlook, but not yet really practical.
  10. chimx
    chimx
    Leo: how were you planning on distributing anything that is published?
  11. blackstone
    blackstone
    As Malte said, before we waste money and resources, it's best to gain a solid base of readers and audience whom we would know would be interested in constantly reading what is being produced.

What is your preference to print?

Why not use internet or pdf as our medium?
  12. Leo
    Leo
    Leo: how were you planning on distributing anything that is published?
    I don't, to be honest. I only know about how distribution generally works in Turkey. I can find out about English speaking countries if necessary however.

Why not use internet or pdf as our medium?
    Yeah, that could work as well - at least for beginners. I'm not against it.