Could anybody help me here please?

1. CHEGUAVARA
    CHEGUAVARA
    Hi! I would really like to learn one of the languages spoken in the Balkans. Mainly Bulgarian, Serbian or Bosnian. Bosnian might be the easiest since they have latin letters. I know fair cyrillic but I've heard there's a big lack of cyrillic keyboards.

Greetings
  2. farleft
    farleft
    Zdravo!

I have started learning Serbian, I went to Belgrade not long ago and most things are in the Latin alphabet.
    I am using the "Teach Yourself" range, it has both Latin and Cyrillic.

I'm not entirely sure there is a Bosnian language, I think it's Serbo-Croat or very very similar.

Either way the Teach Yourself might be worth a quick download.
  3. khlib
    khlib
    Croatian, Bosnian, and Serbian are all (basically) the same language (formally known as Serbo-Croatian). I studied it for three years at my university (the class was called BCS for Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian). If you learn any of them, you'll be able to get along just fine in Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, and Montenegro as well as read texts from those regions. The main difference is that Croatian uses ijekavian (you write mlijeko for milk) and Serbian uses ekavian (you write mleko). Before the break-up of Yugoslavia, these were considered two variants of a single language, but now they are considered separate languages for political reasons. If you have any questions, I can try to help.