International Communist Party/ies

1. Zanthorus
    Zanthorus
    I am sort of interested in the various Bordigist sects and how they actually function, their history etc. I heard that Programma Comunista dissolved in the 80's when it became infested with leftists and arab nationalists, yet they have a website and apparently back issues of their newspaper going back to May '92, what's the story behind that? Also, what exactly is the story behind all the splits, and how do these organisations actually function internally if they really have no democratic procedures?
  2. Devrim
    Devrim
    Programma didn't dissolve. It collapsed. It still exists today, but in the events around 1982 it just seemed to fall apart completely losing entire sections in no time at all.

Devrim
  3. Alf
    Alf
    There is a long article in International Review 32 about the crisis in the ICP. Unfortunately it's not online, but if you write to us we could send you a copy or dig out a back issue.
  4. Zanthorus
    Zanthorus
    This wouldn't be an attempt to boost the figures of those asking for back copies would it?
  5. Alf
    Alf
    No, it's the result of not reading the interweb properly. The article is there after all:

http://en.internationalism.org/node/3123
  6. Zanthorus
    Zanthorus
    Aha, well that's saved me a postage stamp. Thanks
  7. Zanthorus
    Zanthorus
    I just managed to get into an e-mail dialogue with the ICP (Partito Comunista). It's very strange, practically every question is answered by referring to some Bordiga text or another, and when I asked what their differences were with the other ICP's, they told me they didn't know why the others had left the party, but that they would carry on doing as they had always done
  8. Devrim
    Devrim
    I wrote to all three 'Worker Communist Parties' a couple of weeks ago to ask them the same question, and got no reply at all.

Devrim
  9. devoration1
    devoration1
    The ICC has written about the 'implosion' of the ICP in the early '80s. Here is an article with a very detailed account of the ins and outs of the ICP and its breakup in '82:

http://en.internationalism.org/node/3826