Autonomous university on the internet

1. Dimentio
    I think there might be a lot of professors who do share the sentiments of the HPG, and that we in the long-term future might discuss a new concept called an "Autonomous Online University", which will be completely open, without fees and have lectures in the form of video files.

In some way, this will be interesting since it will deprive the bourgeoisie institutions of their monopoly on learning.
  2. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    It's an interesting idea certainly, academics becoming truly accessible. While it's not revolutionary I do like the idea.
  3. Dimentio
    It's an interesting idea certainly, academics becoming truly accessible. While it's not revolutionary I do like the idea.
    It is revolutionary. How much could we decrease the cost of lecturing by using a torrent-based system instead of a physical place?
  4. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    I too like the sound of this idea.
  5. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    It is revolutionary. How much could we decrease the cost of lecturing by using a torrent-based system instead of a physical place?
    It's revolutionary in that it would revolutionise learning and Higher Education but it is not revolutionary in the sense that it is not bringing a proletarian revolution much closer.
  6. Dimentio
    It's revolutionary in that it would revolutionise learning and Higher Education but it is not revolutionary in the sense that it is not bringing a proletarian revolution much closer.
    That is true

But it will be another area where we could deprive institutionalised sectors of their monopoly.
  7. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    That sounds like a great idea to me.
  8. Dimentio
    Apparently, there is a beginning to that.
  9. al8
    I don't remeber who said it. Maybe it was Redstar2000. But whoever it was stated somthing along the lines of; "the internet is to the working-class as the printing press was to the capitalist-class" 'For as like the capitalist-class gained the ability to read and culturalize because of new advances in communications, thus braking the monopoly on knowledge held by the feudalist elite and fomenting its rise to power, so to will the advances of communications of this day (mainly being the internet) serve as the communicative means by which persons of the working-class can express themselves, culturize and brake the monopoly of the class currently in power.

Would you agree this is the case, or at least plausble to be so?