Have we combated?

1. bailey_187
    It is about a year since this group was made. Has there been a noticable decline of Liberals?
  2. Nolan
    If one is to believe correlation implies causation, then this group has in fact made liberalism worse.
  3. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    The question should be about a decline of liberalism, not 'liberals'.

Anyway I dont know if there are more liberal attitudes than before or not.. There seems to have been a recent influx of anarcholiberal kids and a few young torts, but i dont think this can be blamed on our group.

In fact, I think we have had some success. Anti-liberal sentiment is definitely more widespread on RevLeft than one year ago, and it's become common to see comrades pointing out instances of liberalism in each other's posts. The conflict between proletarian ideas and liberalism has been brought much more into the open, whereas one year ago it was only really discernible under the surface. Perhaps I'm wrong on this but it also seems like there are more MLs and MLMs than one year ago, and arguments with a strong anti-liberal basis tend to have more support (for example, North Korea. It was unthinkable for most people to support north korea a year ago. Now there are still many haters, but also more posts saying "Im not really sure" or "I defend them against imperialism" aswell as a little increase in the hardened core of pro-DPRK propagandists).

This group became less active after the first few months, but even so, it seems to have had a good impact on the discussion in RevLeft. People are more aware of the liberal menace, and anti-liberal arguments have become stronger with more support. The contradiction has sharpened.

So I think yes, we have combated, but obviously there is more work to be done.