What Languages do you speak or hope to speak?

1. Forward Union
    Forward Union
    English and Spanish are mine, though I am Learning German and hope to learn Frisian
  2. Weezer
    Weezer
    Well, your location is Stockholm, don't you know any Swedish?

As for me, I know English and know enough Esperanto to have a conversation. I would like to know Swedish as half of my relatives live, Spanish, and Japanese(Not just for anime btw).
  3. Forward Union
    Forward Union
    No, barley a word of Swedish. Everyone in Sweden speaks English to the extent that Swedish Adverts made for Swedes are in English.
  4. el_chavista
    el_chavista
    English and Spanish are mine, though I am Learning German and hope to learn Frisian
    Why do you want to learn the language spoken by some 200.000 people in Frisia (Netherlands)? Just for its historically similarity to old English?
  5. el_chavista
    el_chavista
    Is there a "Nordisk" language that encompasses Danish, Norwegian and Swedish languages?
  6. Weezer
    Weezer
    Is there a "Nordisk" language that encompasses Danish, Norwegian and Swedish languages?
    I don't think so. From what my mother has told me(as she grew up in Sweden), Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian aren't different languages, but are more like regional dialects. Norwegian, however, is spoken quite fast compared to Danish and Swedish.
  7. samofshs
    samofshs
    i speak english better than most other people i kknow and i'm hoping to l;earn esperanto.
  8. eclipse
    eclipse
    Speak German and English, aspirations on learning spanish(a little) and french (nothing).
  9. leftace53
    leftace53
    I speak english, hindi, bengali, and some french. I'd like to learn japanese, swedish, dutch, german, russian, and spanish.
  10. samofshs
    samofshs
    dont learn spanish, waste of time in my experience.
  11. Forward Union
    Forward Union
    No, I think English is the Lingua franca of the Scandanavian countries.
  12. Forward Union
    Forward Union
    Why do you want to learn the language spoken by some 200.000 people in Frisia (Netherlands)? Just for its historically similarity to old English?
    Just because it's easy and I have a desire to learn a really small pointless language.

Also they have a kickass flag

13. el_chavista
    el_chavista
    Not quite so. Spanish shares a big common vocabulary -thanks to the Roman empire- with Portuguese, French, Italian and Romanian. That may be interesting to anyone.
  14. dawt
    dawt
    Grew up with German and English, but my verbal English is definitely deteriorating because I rarely get to speak with others anglophonics.
    Had French in school for about 7 years, but hated it and forgot most of it again.
    Took some online Esperanto courses (www.lernu.net) two years ago, but I definitely need to refresh my knowledge here...
    I kinda want to learn Spanish, but can't motivate myself at the moment... =/
  15. samofshs
    samofshs
    Not quite so. Spanish shares a big common vocabulary -thanks to the Roman empire- with Portuguese, French, Italian and Romanian. That may be interesting to anyone.
    well i live in south florida and i never use spanish lol. i find my limited french/quebeker more useful.
  16. Buffalo Souljah
    Does Java count?
  17. Rotenstern
    Rotenstern
    I speak English, German and Dutch fluently and I've begun my independent studies in Russian. I'm hoping to have relative fluency in that in around two years. I also speak a bit of Frisian, or can at least understand it when I hear it. After learning Russian, I'm not sure of which language I'll learn, though I'm sure I'll find one. Being and American, I will probably, for my own good, have to learn Spanish.
  18. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    I mean yeah I guess, it's only spoken by a billion people.

As for myself, I already speak French and Spanish. I'm studying those at university along with German. I plan to keep up German and French after my first year for the next 3 years. I also studied Russian for a bit, and want to keep studying it (and will) but uni takes up too much time. I'd say French and Russian have been my favourite.
  19. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    Also I'd like to learn Yiddish sometime in the future for the hell of it.
  20. Nolan
    Spanish and Serbo-Croatian.
  21. IClibsoc
    IClibsoc
    I'm bilingual (English and Spanish) and I really hope to learn how to speak Latin. Does anyone know Latin or is anyone trying to learn it?
  22. Amon
    Amon
    I am currently learning Japanese as I wanted to learn something a little bit different than everyone else around me, such as French or Spanish. While these languages are great and will learn them in the future, I find that studying a language that is completely different in nature and culture, immensely increases my knowledge regarding these distant lands.