European vs American Technocracy

1. Technocrat
    Technocrat
    The more I read about the European system, the less I find to disagree with. I think my main objection right now is the current fixation on "eco-units" as opposed to urban infill as a strategy for achieving sustainability.

The structural differences seem minor. I always envisioned each Functional Sequence as more or less running its own affairs, but receiving its mandates from an executive council that would be comprised of the elected heads of each sequence. This seems to be in agreement with what the European model proposes.

I like what the EOS page says about urbanates, it is in agreement with the studies I've done on urban planning: http://ecomegastructure.blogspot.com
  2. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    My guess is that American technocracy (as outlined by American most technocrats) is closer to Howard Scott's vision, but that's a complete stab in the dark on my part.

What have you gathered from discussions with fellow technocrats in the US?
  3. Technocrat
    Technocrat
    My guess is that American technocracy (as outlined by American most technocrats) is closer to Howard Scott's vision, but that's a complete stab in the dark on my part.

What have you gathered from discussions with fellow technocrats in the US?
    US Technocracy is in a sorry state right now. They barely have the manpower and resources to maintain their archives, much less fund any outreach or study programs.

I think this has to do with the fact that the word "Technocracy" is itself the political kiss of death. They need to bring in some marketing people, but everyone is opposed to that idea on ideological grounds.

But yeah, I think NA Technocracy is closer to what Howard Scott envisioned. Hubbert was really the brains behind the entire operation, as I understand it. Scott was more like a public figure.
  4. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    US Technocracy is in a sorry state right now. They barely have the manpower and resources to maintain their archives, much less fund any outreach or study programs.
    That really is unfortunate.

I think this has to do with the fact that the word "Technocracy" is itself the political kiss of death. They need to bring in some marketing people, but everyone is opposed to that idea on ideological grounds.
    Are you familiar with the Venus Project at all? I saw a basic outline of their ideas in the film Zeitgeist Addendum, and it looks to me to be some form of technocracy in all but name. I was thinking (probably wishfully) that such a thing might point to a potential resurgence of interest in technocracy, or at least similar ideas.
  5. Technocrat
    Technocrat
    I've heard of the Venus Project. It's founder, Jacques Fresco, used to be a member of Technocracy but left because Scott just kept getting crazier.

I think to sell Technocracy to the public you would need some way to market it, definitely.
  6. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    I've heard of the Venus Project. It's founder, Jacques Fresco, used to be a member of Technocracy but left because Scott just kept getting crazier.

I think to sell Technocracy to the public you would need some way to market it, definitely.
    I get the impression that is what the Venus Project is trying to do. That is admirable, but I do think they should choose their allies more carefully - certainly I would be very apprehensive to be seen in the same company as those who think the Bilderbergers or the Trilateral Commission run the world.