The History and Purpose of Technocracy

1. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    I believe you people might appreciate this article, despite its long length:

http://www.technocracy.org/Archives/...0Purpose-r.htm

It is a series of letters to and from Howard Scott, who was the head of Technocracy Inc. in North America, about Technocracy's history and relations with the IWW, Marxism and so on. Unfortunately, it seems that Howard Scott, despite being obviously aware of some basics of leftist history, such as Bakunin and Marx's writings, was not particularly understanding of Communism or Marxism (probably seeing it mostly in terms of the USSR of the time) and seemed to have some disdain for expropriation, seeing it as not changing the fundamental operation of the expropriated means of production, while not understanding what should accompany such expropriation.

No matter, it is an interesting document to me anyway, and I hope you enjoy it and that, maybe, there could be some more discussion on this and Technocracy in general.
  2. Dimentio
    I believe you people might appreciate this article, despite its long length:

http://www.technocracy.org/Archives/...0Purpose-r.htm

It is a series of letters to and from Howard Scott, who was the head of Technocracy Inc. in North America, about Technocracy's history and relations with the IWW, Marxism and so on. Unfortunately, it seems that Howard Scott, despite being obviously aware of some basics of leftist history, such as Bakunin and Marx's writings, was not particularly understanding of Communism or Marxism (probably seeing it mostly in terms of the USSR of the time) and seemed to have some disdain for expropriation, seeing it as not changing the fundamental operation of the expropriated means of production, while not understanding what should accompany such expropriation.

No matter, it is an interesting document to me anyway, and I hope you enjoy it and that, maybe, there could be some more discussion on this and Technocracy in general.
    Scott did some great things in underlining the system of energy accounting, but his personality and character also was somewhat of a problem to the technocratic movement, and alienated a lot of technocrats. One of the problems with Tech.inc is their generally uncritical attitude to Scott.