Marx's political economy and reading it

1. automattick
    automattick
    Comrades:

Ever get the feeling that the ML's never actually engage in discussions of Marx's critique of political economy, rather they focus heavily on ideology, vanguardism and agitation?

I've seen them use more quotes by Trotsky, Lenin, Mao and their perverse ideological offspring than I have on Marx himself. The entire discussion of consciousness or economics is entirely off the table.

Just venting.
  2. soyonstout
    soyonstout
    I think sometimes people have read the Transitional Programme or "On Guerilla Warfare"/"Combat Liberalism" and not really gone back to Marx, or their understanding of Marx himself is filtered through something that "trinity of oppression" (race, "class", gender) university professor said, and it certainly does make things pretty difficult for discussion.

-soyons tout
  3. zimmerwald1915
    I think sometimes people have read the Transitional Programme or "On Guerilla Warfare"/"Combat Liberalism" and not really gone back to Marx, or their understanding of Marx himself is filtered through something that "trinity of oppression" (race, "class", gender) university professor said, and it certainly does make things pretty difficult for discussion.

-soyons tout
    And when the next Michelle Foucault or Simone de Bouvoir comes along, it'll become a quadrangle of oppression. It's bullshit and it's bad for you.

fakeedit: simplistic I know, but it's 2:30 in the morning.