Books on technocracy?

1. x371322
    x371322
    I've been wanting to delve a little deeper into technocracy. Anyone care to recommend a few decent books? I found some on Amazon but don't know where to start.
  2. Dimentio
    For historical books about the North American movement, I could recommend Akin's book and another one which is written by a guy named Raymond, which are depicting Technocracy Inc from a critical viewpoint. I could also recommend the TSC of course, at least as a depiction of the direction of Tech.Inc.

As for EOS, I recommend Technocracy: Building a Post-carbon society by dr Andrew Wallace. Its old (2006) and a bit outdated but quite good, especially as it introduces the foundations of European technocracy.
  3. x371322
    x371322
    Thanks. I found the one by Dr Wallace on Amazon, but only one copy left, and at $36. Anywhere to get it cheaper? I can't seem to find it anywhere else. I did find a digital version on Lulu for $11, but I usually prefer a physical copy.

From the reading I've done online I think I am leaning more toward the European variety of Technocracy. Not 100% though. Not yet anyway. Maybe that book will help me sort it all out. Do you think there will ever be a North American affiliate of EOS? An "AOS" perhaps? That's something I'd like to see develop.
  4. Technocrat
    Technocrat
    I think the literature on North American technocracy has severe flaws in it and could be rewritten. Many people develop misconceptions due to flaws in the literature. I was never able to understand it until I actually spoke with some Technocrats. This may be a result of how they originally taught the subject - it was a "study course" format learned in study groups.
  5. Technocrat
    Technocrat
    Thanks. I found the one by Dr Wallace on Amazon, but only one copy left, and at $36. Anywhere to get it cheaper? I can't seem to find it anywhere else. I did find a digital version on Lulu for $11, but I usually prefer a physical copy.

From the reading I've done online I think I am leaning more toward the European variety of Technocracy. Not 100% though. Not yet anyway. Maybe that book will help me sort it all out. Do you think there will ever be a North American affiliate of EOS? An "AOS" perhaps? That's something I'd like to see develop.
    I think "Sector X" is an American affiliate. I haven't had any time to contribute, though I would like to eventually.
  6. x371322
    x371322
    Sector X huh? I'll check that out. Thanks.
  7. Acostak3
    Acostak3
    Besides the books already suggested here, what would you suggest for someone who knows next to nothing about technocracy?