UGH! (dyspraxia thread)

1. samofshs
    samofshs
    so i got angry at the dinner table because my family was having a good laugh at my expense (at me having dyspraxia) and apparently me being angry (falling under the oh so broad spectrum of what my mother deems "grumpy", but i call "you're pissing me off") was not enough of a cue for them to change ANY BIT of their behaviour or at least lead the conversation in a new direction. and my mother thinks it is "unreasonable" for them to do or change anything differently so that i can dine in peace. you would move out of the way so as to not run into a blind person ( or any shmuck on the street, for that matter), but its entirely unreasonable for them to make accomodations for me. can anybody here sympathize in not being able to explain why i cant say certain things to people or explain things at all besides "i have dyspraxia"?
  2. Dr Mindbender
    have you been diagnosed by a professional?

Youre right though its pretty disgusting that even your own family arent willing to treat you with tactility.
  3. samofshs
    samofshs
    i havn't been diagnosed yet, but i have it. fuck degrees, everything says i have it. plus my neuro said "there's a good chance you do have clumsy-boy (derogatory for dyspraxia)
  4. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    That's a totally shitty thing for people to do. I mean me and my mates might have a laugh about it (hell I even coined the term "dy-spastic-a" and "dy-spack-ia") but for your family to mock you about it and not stop when it's clearly pissing you off is beyond fucked.
  5. samofshs
    samofshs
    i mean, i have a tick and i can't ride a bike and my handwriting's rubbish along with 29/30 symptoms on every dyspraxia test i can find. i have it.
  6. Fullmetal Anarchist
    Fullmetal Anarchist
    Your not alone dude. My family does exactly the same thing.