ML majority in Turkey

1. automattick
    automattick
    I've spent some years in Turkey and noticed that many comrades with whom I've met tended to be Leninists or Trotskyists. Any particular reason for that, I find that to be the case in America as well.

The TKP (The Communist Party of Turkey) also tends to tow quite a nationalistic line at times, promoting that nationalism comes before internationalism. Unfortunately this seems to be reminiscent of Stalinism.
  2. Devrim
    Devrim
    The TKP (The Communist Party of Turkey) also tends to tow quite a nationalistic line at times, promoting that nationalism comes before internationalism. Unfortunately this seems to be reminiscent of Stalinism.
    The TKP is a shockingly nationalist party probably only outdone on the left in Turkey by the 'İsçi (workers) Party', who are now openly working with the MHP.

I've spent some years in Turkey and noticed that many comrades with whom I've met tended to be Leninists or Trotskyists. Any particular reason for that, I find that to be the case in America as well.
    Trotskyists are actually quite a new thing in Turkey. There weren't anywhere near as many ten years ago. I think we will see an upsurge in Trotskyism in the so-called third world countries over the next few years.

I don't think that your comments apply particularly to Turkey though. As you say it is common in other countries too.

Devrim