Skip is on it again

1. Dimentio
    http://en.technocracynet.eu/index.ph...=5461&catid=19

Apparently, Skip has raised the stake in his private crusade against everyone but himself and Dennis Cradock, by flinging hilarious accusations against Andrew Wallace.
  2. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    Remind me why we should give a stuff what this guy thinks.
  3. Dimentio
    He is interesting from a psychological perspective. I know no one more persistent.
  4. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    Since I'm a complete newb when it comes to technocracy, could you please explain precisely what the problem is? I don't find his posts at all enlightening.

Does he have a problem with the NET? If so, why?

How is his interpetation of technocracy different, if it is?

How did it all start?

I just don't get what the big deal is, I'm sorry.
  5. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    From what I understand of the situation:

Does he have a problem with the NET? If so, why?
    He has a major one. As for why - perhaps it's because his head is not screwed on quite right or his shoes are too tight, but I think the most likely reason of all is that his brain is two sizes too small - basically he disagrees with the NET's interpretation of technocracy (more on that in a sec) because it doesn't fall in line with his belief that Technocracy should remain unchanged from the original model, or at least changed as little as possible.

How is his interpetation of technocracy different, if it is?
    He treats the Study Guide like it was a mixture of an old copy of Forty and up and the qu'ran - he wanks himself to sleep over it and then gets up in the morning and chants verses from it. Doubtless it is an important book but it doesn't trump decisions the NET have arrived at through observing the world around them and drawing further conclusions - building on and ignoring the guide where necessary. The big differences between Skip and the NET can be found here.

How did it all start?
    Fuck knows. I believe Skip got drunk, shouted "I'm the queen of fucking EVERYTHING!" and never really shook that thought out of his head.

I just don't get what the big deal is, I'm sorry.
    Despite my rather vicious response I don't get it that much either. Skip is an irrelevance.
  6. Dimentio
    Well, Skip became a member of Tech.inc in year 2003, and soon started his crusade to remove a paragraph in the TTCD, about people being allowed to build churches by ordering material from the technate. Skip thought that was a part of the TTCD reevaluation of 1975, and accused Bill DesJardins for trying to stick in religious concepts into technocracy (since it had been DesJardins who was responsible for the latest publication of the TTCD Faq in the early 00;s).

Skip did first write to the CHQ and demanding the ostracisation of DesJardins, and the result was quite unexpected. The CHQ, isolated and quite harmless, did it's best to put both Skip and Bill in their place.

Skip, who was not so pleased with that, wrote a book called "Behind the cloak of deception", which basically is a frontal assault on religion from an idealist perspective, combined with some plagiarised texts from the TSC.

The book is available online, and quite worthless.

Then, after that was done, Skip took contact with N.E.T. representatives, myself included, in the summer of 2005. He tried to formate an alliance against Bill DesJardins on technocracy.ca, who recently had shut down his own forums after the second Frolovite crisis.

Now it is time to define the ideology of Skip Sievert, which we could call "sievertian technocracy".

His position is that all technocrats who have tried to develop the technocratic concepts or the technocratic methodologies since Scott's death are revisionists (he has used the term "price system funkies"), and that only the 1934 edition of the TSC is "pure" litterature.

His method of making it possible is to distribute his book (one method is to leave it on the windows of parked cars, according to himself), which he believe will "open the eyes" for everyone.

Anyone not accepting his strategy or ideas are deemed as "brainwashed" by Bill DesJardins, and legitimate subjects to full harassment on forums, guest books and through e-mail.

In short, for Skip, technocracy is not a scientific endeavour, but rather a form of faith. I guess that some people who otherwise would have been religious fanatics end up supporting secular ideologies with the same persistence and stubbornness.

Anyway, sometime in 2005, Skip was thrown out of Technocracy Inc, and then claimed that Technocracy Inc had purged Bill DesJardins. Skip claims a lot of stuff. According to himself, he has travelled six times around the world, and have had girlfriends in several countries.

Skip then focused most of his attention to Bill for about six months, until N.E.T. had gotten it's first website. Then he registered there, and was quite friendly for a while, until he degenerated into a complete troglodyte who only had as a goal to denounce the N.E.T. development process, repeating his slogans as a parrot without even making any argument for them.

Eventually, he was banned for several rule violations, and retired to the gabber chat, where he spewed out his nonsense for a couple of months in loneliness (he actually sat three days on a row in early 2007 just spewng out ad hominems against Bill DesJardins and N.E.T. members).

Then, he formed a new organisation, called Technocracy Incorporated CHQ 44.94 -93.29 (yes, it is true), which he claimed in fact was the original Tech. Inc which had purged out George Wright (Tech. Inc;s director since the 1970;s basically) and that the majority of members had followed him. In fact, the only Skip adherent which we have seen on the web, have been Dennis Cradock, who doggishly follows Skip.

I guess it's quita luck, since otherwise someone else would have to drag with him. Dennis is not particularly bright, so to say.

Anyway, Skip did not just start a blog for Tech.IncCHQ44.94-93.29, where he posted tons of information "copied'n'pasted" from the TSC, he also started a mock site of the Network of European Technocrats, which actually increased our popularity.

He also started the "Wikipedia War" by starting to trash the technocracy pages on Wikipedia, both the Tech.Inc and the N.E.T. pages. Andrew and Icarus rushed to defend the frontlines, and the war is still dragging on.

Around New Year's eve 2008, Skip's strategy had basically all but failed. He had been repulsed on countless blogs, filthed the reputation of technocracy so much that even an anti-technocratic blog has been started (given that Skip never explains what technocracy is but just refers to the TSC or his own book, he is the expert of creating enemies).

So now, he revised the strategy, trashed his blogs, and renamed the Tech.IncCHQ44.94-93.29 into TNAT-design, The Technate of North America design plan. Apparently, his members are now called "jammers" and should "jam down" and "expose" the price system. The goal of the new organisation is apparently to study North America's potential to develop into a technate by - surprise - reading the TSC (1934 edition).

TNAT site
    Dennis' blog

Skip is probably a very sad and tragical person.

But I think the saddest aspect is that he views himself as the prime champion of technocracy, but that he in fact is one of the persons who had done most damage to the movement.

According to Andrew, Skip is a troll, but I do think that he is rather a prime example of a Ferrous Cranus. He will probably never give up.
  7. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    So I take it that Skip has very little support apart from a handful of sycophants?

He sounds horribly dogmatic and unwilling to apply change and the scientific method to technocracy, which I presume was the whole point in the first place.

Thank you Jazz, that link was very helpful.
  8. Dimentio
    The problem with Skip is not that he gains supporters, but that he is creating turmoil and would rather destroy the movement than accepting defeat.
  9. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    The problem with Skip is not that he gains supporters, but that he is creating turmoil and would rather destroy the movement than accepting defeat.
    Yeah, but unless he has a lot of support, surely it would be easier to ignore his shit for the most part than to engage him every time he crops up?