Series Five.

1. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    Discuss Series Five Here!!!

I'll Start.
    What do you guys think about the new Daleks? Personally, I think their awful. Too fat, too shiny, and to pastel colored. They look like porcelain figures I would find at my grandmother's house!! The Old daleks looked of evil,a dirty, battle scared monster. These new ones just look like toys.
  2. Velkas
    Velkas
    I agree completely. They are bloody ridiculous! I couldn't take them seriously at all.

I don't think the plot of Victory of the Daleks was any good, either. It was too rushed, and it just didn't work. The spitfires IN SPACE sequence was obviously a way to make a stupid episode more exiting. And the daleks' evil plan to use up all of London's electricity. And the way the Doctor and Amy diffused the "bomb"...

They use daleks (and cybermen) far too often. The last actually good dalek episode was Dalek. The dalek episodes after that were okay, but the daleks were supposed to be destroyed! And Victory of the Daleks was just plain awful (especially with the new dalek design).

Good thing that the first few episodes were so good. Hope the next ones are just as good, or better. (But they have River Song. And she obviously met the Tenth Doctor before Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. Oh well. Timey-wimey and all that...)
  3. Lolshevik
    Lolshevik
    well, you're the doctor, how do YOU think series 5 is going? : P

I'm really digging everything except the Daleks so far. Today's episode could be the best yet.
  4. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    well, you're the doctor, how do YOU think series 5 is going? : P
    I am very pleased. I was rather worried about Matt Smith, but as it ends up, he is brilliant! I like the fact that they are bringing back a "Bad wolf" type thing. The crack in space and time is everywhere the Doctor goes, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Also, I hope this doesn't become standard, but in the last two episodes, the companion has saved the day. The Doctor is supposed to be the brilliant one who saves everyone, not the side kick.
  5. Velkas
    Velkas
    I liked the new episode. A pretty good episode, but not the "best yet" (if you mean one of the best Doctor Who episodes). I definitely prefer Blink or Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead. But still, a pretty good episode.

If anyone wants to see it, I've downloaded the episode from YouTube and can send it to them - just give me your email. (I also have The Beast Below.)
    Note: the first part of the episode is in mirror image. It's the only version I could find of the beginning of the episode.
  6. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    Discuss Series Five Here!!!

I'll Start.
    What do you guys think about the new Daleks? Personally, I think their awful. Too fat, too shiny, and to pastel colored. They look like porcelain figures I would find at my grandmother's house!! The Old daleks looked of evil,a dirty, battle scared monster. These new ones just look like toys.
    Pastels are sort of washed out pale colours that they make baby clothes out of (think baby blue and custard). They're boldly coloured, like smarties. Anyway, I'm a massive tea drinker, so I'm going to have to respond positively.

Maybe if they were coal black and shiny...
  7. Velkas
    Velkas
    Maybe if they were coal black and shiny...
    Sort of like Dalek Sec, but with the new design? Not the "human dalek" Dalek Sec, the "dalek dalek" Dalek Sec.
  8. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    I am sorry, but the old battered war machine design of the Davies era Daleks was just better. Reminded me of WWII, as I am sure they were intended to.

And yes, pastel was the wrong word.
  9. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    But if they were shiny and coal-black, they have that just-off-the-assembly-line look. You know, like a shiny Terminator. With new Dalek smell
  10. Velkas
    Velkas
    I am sorry, but the old battered war machine design of the Davies era Daleks was just better. Reminded me of WWII, as I am sure they were intended to.
    I would have to agree.
  11. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    Oh man. Just saw the first part of the Weeping Angels episodes. It was fucking great. And once again Matt Smith's Doctor is a badass.
    Also:
    An Army of Weeping Angels!!!! This is some of the scariest shit Doctor who has had in forever.
  12. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    I tell you what though, if I was 7, I'd shit a brick at the 'they killed me too, sir' bit. Even better at giving kids nightmares than 'are you my mummy?'
  13. Velkas
    Velkas
    Just watched the new episode. It was brilliant.
  14. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    I thought the first half was better
  15. Velkas
    Velkas
    They were both pretty good episodes, but not the best.
  16. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    get the second half tomorrow, I am excited as hell.
  17. Velkas
    Velkas
    Vampires of Venice was excellent. Amy's Choice looks... interesting.
  18. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    Vampires of Venice was good, but it didn't stand up to the previous two. I am excited for Amy's choice, looks good.
  19. Velkas
    Velkas
    It was pretty good, but I think the basic idea could have been used to make a much better episode, if they did some things a bit differently.
  20. leftace53
    leftace53
    Just when I was warming up to Rory, the latest episode happens
  21. Proletarian Ultra
    Proletarian Ultra
    There hasn't been an episode that knocked me off my socks yet, but it's quite good. The first one was near-great until it turned into Generic Runaround with Cheesy CGI Villain #847. Dalek episode was predictably terrible, but it was a Dalek episode so what're you going to do. The two-parter where the Weeping Angels returned was fantastic except for the part where the Weeping Angels returned. VoV I probably enjoyed the most. Amy's Choice was better than I expected.
  22. Velkas
    Velkas
    Last episode before the finale is on Saturday.

I hope it ties in with the finale, like Utopia or Turn Left...
  23. leftace53
    leftace53
    I loved Vincent and the Doctor, with its past references to Rory, along with Amy's character building. Incredible.
  24. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    Vincent and the Doctor was crap. Yesterday's episode was miiiiint!
  25. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    I liked Vincent and the Doctor very much.
  26. Velkas
    Velkas
    So did I.

What are your opinions on The Pandorica Opens?
    I thought it was very good. Quite a few interesting twists and surprises, and all very well done.
  27. leftace53
    leftace53
    Pandorica pt 1 was pretty good, I'm slightly confused about how much of the plotline was "thought up" but it was definitely a great twist. Can't wait for pt 2 this sunday!
  28. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    Haven't seen Pandorcia yet. I'll probably get it tomorrow.
  29. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    So did I.

What are your opinions on The Pandorica Opens?
    In a positive manner, like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GToE3mdkBc
  30. leftace53
    leftace53
    I was slightly dissapointed in the finale today, but very much enjoyed River's foreshadowing. I don't think I'll make it to christmas this year for the next season