Irish fascists

1. Crux
    Crux
    I may just be new to the world of the Irish far right, but is it common that they use James Connolly as a symbol? In either case here a forum full of racists rightwingers that has James Connolly on their banner. Is there anything we could do about that?
    http:// irish-nationalism.net/
  2. BOZG
    BOZG
    I'll have a read through the forum later but I think I've seen it mentioned on SF before.

We don't really have a genuine far right in Ireland. The far right elements that exist are generally isolated and relatively unorganised, though there's been a number of attempts at meet ups in the past few years but they've generally been cut across, mainly by AFA. Though I am quite surprised that they would choose Connolly out of all the main figures linked to Irish nationalism. It's actually quite strange.
  3. Dr Mindbender
    i think we should be grateful that the irish AFA have bee so successful, with ireland opening up to the EU and becoming a cultural melting pot theres a danger of a Irish answer to the BNP entering the fray if we are complacent. The BNP and RVF enjoyed some political points up north after the Romani harrassments in belfast last year. Considering the ethnic tapestry of places like dublin and the general disenfranchisement of the indigenous working class it scares me to think what could happen down there.
  4. Autonome
    Autonome
    At the moment a load of the vermin that infest that website we shouldn't mention are on this site: http://www.onthedole.net/Forums.html trying to stir things up and find some recruits to their sad ideology.
  5. Andropov
    Andropov
    Well the far right is of course massive in the North if Ireland with the Loyalist and Racial supremacist Orange Order.
    As for any sizeable far right movement in the south it is virtually non existant and will continue to be in the forseeable future. They have never been given the oxegen to re-produce.
  6. Dr Mindbender
    Well the far right is of course massive in the North if Ireland with the Loyalist and Racial supremacist Orange Order.
    As for any sizeable far right movement in the south it is virtually non existant and will continue to be in the forseeable future. They have never been given the oxegen to re-produce.
    The Orange Order, despite being a colossal bag of reactionary shite is hardly a racial supremacist organisation. It also has African members.

7. Andropov
    Andropov
    The Orange Order, despite being a colossal bag of reactionary shite is hardly a racial supremacist organisation. It also has African members.

Racially supremacy is based on the idea of ethnicity's.
    Within the context of Ireland it is used as a way to exclude and subjugate the ethnicity seen as "Irish Catholic".
    Within this contet they are indeed racial supremacists.
    They might have some token Black members in Africa and what not but it is largely Irrelevant.
    If that was used as a barometer for Progressiveness then the EDL would be recognised as such, even the likes of the Zelous Scouts.
    It is no coincidence that the BNP openly recruit on the 12th or that C18 are active in loyalist areas or that the overwhelming majority of racially motivated attacks now committed in Ireland come from areas of Loyalist domination.
    Its the nature of the degenerate beast that is "Orangeism" with the Orange Order being just one facet of what is an ugly beast.
  8. BOZG
    BOZG
    It is no coincidence that the BNP openly recruit on the 12th or that C18 are active in loyalist areas or that the overwhelming majority of racially motivated attacks now committed in Ireland come from areas of Loyalist domination.
    There was an interesting article written by Gerry Adams (or maybe he was quoted in it) a few years ago when there was quite a high profile spate of racist attacks and there was an element of glee amongst some Republicans that they could use it to point the finger at Loyalism. He actually made a good point that Republicans shouldn't be so quick to point the finger because at the time, while is was true that most racially motivated attacks took place in Loyalist areas, it wasn't actually all that surprising considering that the bulk of immigrants lived in Loyalist areas. I'm not sure how much the demographics have changed since then but it would be interesting to see if there was any corresponding increase in attacks.

I'll see if I can find the article again.
  9. Andropov
    Andropov
    There was an interesting article written by Gerry Adams (or maybe he was quoted in it) a few years ago when there was quite a high profile spate of racist attacks and there was an element of glee amongst some Republicans that they could use it to point the finger at Loyalism. He actually made a good point that Republicans shouldn't be so quick to point the finger because at the time, while is was true that most racially motivated attacks took place in Loyalist areas, it wasn't actually all that surprising considering that the bulk of immigrants lived in Loyalist areas. I'm not sure how much the demographics have changed since then but it would be interesting to see if there was any corresponding increase in attacks.

I'll see if I can find the article again.
    Could be a grain of truth in that.
    And its not like Nationalist areas are immune to racism, far from it.
    It just seems that the over whelming racist attacks and organisations seem to stem from Loyalist dominated areas.
    Look at Derry for example, a large town with an overwhelmingly Nationalist population and then look at the likes of Ballymena with a Unionist majority and see the amount of racist attacks in both communities even though Derry has a large migrant population.
  10. BOZG
    BOZG
    Could be a grain of truth in that.
    And its not like Nationalist areas are immune to racism, far from it.
    It just seems that the over whelming racist attacks and organisations seem to stem from Loyalist dominated areas.
    Look at Derry for example, a large town with an overwhelmingly Nationalist population and then look at the likes of Ballymena with a Unionist majority and see the amount of racist attacks in both communities even though Derry has a large migrant population.
    I found the article that I mentioned above but I'd actually misread or forgotten the exact details over time. It was actually the editor of the Andytown News who made those points at the time that Sinn Féin was launching an anti-racism charter.

This is the article that references it.
  11. Dr Mindbender
    I feel its noteworthy that the newly formed UDL is not only racist, but it is also sectarian. They make it clear that anyone who supports a UI is not welcome.

Another obvious Loyalist- C-18/BNP front group.