Obnoxious users ignore list

1. Q
    Q
    Some users just keep on attacking on a personal level, troll, project onto others and many more fallacies. Are you done with it, but don't know what can be done about it? Good news! vBulletin has a feature to ignore users so you stop seeing any of their posts in the main forum or messages in your profile.

I myself am for using the ignore list as a "measure of last resort" as I explain here. Perhaps we can have a discussion on its desirability.

So, how do you ignore them? Simple:
    1. Go to your User CP at the left in the top menu.
    2. Under "Settings & Options" the last option you see is "Edit Ignore List", click on it.
    3. Add the nick of the user you want to ignore, vBulletin offers a completion list while you type, and save it.

It is that simple!

Note: Staff members (moderators, admins) may not ignore users.
  2. Q
    Q
    Added Rosa Lichtenstein to mine.
  3. Q
    Q
    I was asked how this would look in the forum, so I made a screenshot:

4. Q
    Q
    Added red cat to mine.

Despite the lies and slander he's spreading, he's just not worth it. Every time you refute him the troll comes back even harder.
  5. samofshs
    samofshs
    If you respond to trolls, they win. Just don't respond to trolls.
  6. Q
    Q
    If you respond to trolls, they win. Just don't respond to trolls.
    That is why ignore lists come in handy: If you can't see their posts, you can't respond to them either
  7. DesertShark
    DesertShark
    This whole thread seems a little counter-intuitive to the whole "Respectful" discussion ideal of this group. While yes there are some obnoxious users on the board (welcome to real life, you'll find shitty people everywhere), I don't think that having a place where you publicly announce those people you think are obnoxious is respectful. And therefore, I do not think this appropriate for the Respectful Discussion Activists group.
  8. samofshs
    samofshs
    This whole thread seems a little counter-intuitive to the whole "Respectful" discussion ideal of this group. While yes there are some obnoxious users on the board (welcome to real life, you'll find shitty people everywhere), I don't think that having a place where you publicly announce those people you think are obnoxious is respectful. And therefore, I do not think this appropriate for the Respectful Discussion Activists group.
    thank you, my sentiments exactly. we should have more discussion and less ignoring.
  9. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    I wish you could add moderators to your ignore list, cause if there is one person who post here who's shit I don't want to have to read, it's this mod's.
  10. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    As an admin, and previously a mod of various positions, I cannot use the ignore list. But I've never used it as it would seem to me to detract from the discussion as a whole. Surely any member who does nothing but troll will be banned, and any member who is overtly and repeatedly offensive will be warned, and subsequently banned/restricted. So why ignore? It is easy enough to simply 'not read' something which upsets you...