Budo for revolutionaries.

1. ComradeMan
    ComradeMan
    I have found many quotes in the writings of Musashi amongst others that I think could be easily applied to modern revolutionary thought- not all of course but many.

What does anyone else think about the Budo?
  2. Jallen
    Jallen
    Budo could be seen as a good way to train body and mind,
    HOWEVER: The philosophies connected to Budo, apart from maybe Musashi's writings amongst others, advocate a complete devotion to one's master, which is something I don't agree with.
  3. ComradeMan
    ComradeMan
    Doesn't it mean master in the sense of "sensai" and teacher, or could it not be interpreted as that?
  4. Jallen
    Jallen
    no, the sensei is the teacher.
    A daimyo is the samurai's feudal lord and books like hagakure teach that the greatest honour lies in the complete devotion to one's daimyo.
  5. ComradeMan
    ComradeMan
    Hmmm... I suppose it is rooted in the context of the time, it would have been pretty much the same everywhere with a "feudal" culture.
  6. Jallen
    Jallen
    Hmmm... I suppose it is rooted in the context of the time, it would have been pretty much the same everywhere with a "feudal" culture.
    Yes, but the problem is that many of the japanese masters still hold on to this mentality, and urge their students in the west to do the same.