Stalinists :(

1. Lyev
    Lyev
    I'm having some real trouble with some Stalinists- can I has some help? You don't necessarily have to post directly on the thread but I've run into some things from folks like:

- Apparently SIOC is not nationalistic, and is in fact internationalist.
    - Apparently there was absolute workers control in the Soviet Union. (At least under Stalin)
    - I need some help promoting the Permanent Revolution as an alternative to SIOC and to solve some problems under Stalin.

I feel as though someone needs to at least engage the Stalinist tendencies on here, although I do appreciate some of you more seasoned RevLefters will probably be absolutely sick of it by now. Oh and I disagree with all of the above, obviously, but it's just arguing with Stalinists is like hitting your head against a brick wall. Any decent quotes and statistics are much appreciated. Also, the thread is 'On Stalin' in Learning, if you guys wanna have a look . thanks very much comrades.
  2. Rosa Lichtenstein
    Rosa Lichtenstein
    Avoid the bear-trap of nationalism, since, for a Stalinist, to be a nationalist is to be its opposite, too. Nationalism is true internationalism!

Yes, I know it makes no sense, but that is how they interpret the dialectic -- 'unity of opposites' and all that.

And very few of our Trotskyist comrades read the posts here regularly, so you'd be well advised to PM the individuals I suggested; add in Comrade OM.
  3. Lyev
    Lyev
    Ah thanks again Rosa, you're always willing to help. I'll PM some people, thanks.

Unity of opposites? What really annoys me about some of these Stalinists, is that they'll adopt something as their doctrine, not necessarily because they fully believe in it, but simply because some dead guy said so, you know? I think there's actually a Marx quote; "question everything."
  4. Rosa Lichtenstein
    Rosa Lichtenstein
    Yes, but few Stalinists dare question anything -- they used to end up dead if they did.