Movies

1. GracchusBabeuf
    I watched the movie Panther, directed by Mario Van Peebles. It was an excellent portrayal of BPP history. Next on my list is A Huey Newton Story.
  2. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    Cool, I have not seen that yet.

A Huey P Newton Story is a great film, but not at all what I expected. The main character is the Huey Newton after his prime, when the party was no longer a revolutionary force and he had descended into lumpen tragedy. The tragedy of Huey P Newton is something that really saddens me. The acting is pretty good in this film.
  3. bailey_187
    where can i watch these films?
  4. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    Both are on Youtube in parts last time I looked.

Watched Panther a few days ago, it was awesome and really brings out the inspirational side of things, aswell as not shying away from the problems within the party like the ultraviolent tendency and the drug dealing etc. Really liked it
  5. Le Libérer
    Le Libérer
    I'm about to watch "Panthers" now.
  6. Pirate Utopian
    Pirate Utopian
    I didnt like Panther.
    But that was mostly for how the movie looked.
  7. Martin Blank
    A Huey P Newton Story is a great film, but not at all what I expected. The main character is the Huey Newton after his prime, when the party was no longer a revolutionary force and he had descended into lumpen tragedy. The tragedy of Huey P Newton is something that really saddens me. The acting is pretty good in this film.
    Roger Guenveur Smith was actually really good as Newton -- quite believable, actually, for the time period he was doing. Smith was in both Panther and Story, and was excellent in both.