Hey "wizards"

1. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Hey, I'm thinking of firing up a game using gametable (a java virtual tabletop). I dunno what rules or setting I want to use yet, I think it'd be best to see who's interested in playing beforehand. So post in here if you wanna do a remote RPG with the one and only Jazzratt as GM.
  2. JazzRemington
    JazzRemington
    I'd be game, but it depends upon the time. I'm in Central time zone in the US. I'm very familiar with: AD&D 2e, Pathfinder, Tunnels&Trolls, Call of Cthulhu, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Warhammer Fantasy 2e, Marvel Super Heroes RPG, and Hackmaster 4e. I have an extensive library of ebooks if you need anything.
  3. Comrade Gwydion
    Comrade Gwydion
    I am at GMT+1, unfortunately.
    Otherwise:
    Vampire the Masquerade for the motherfucking win!
  4. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Ach, bloody timezones. While it's the case that I'm chronically unemployed and have no sleeping patterns at all therefore able to do things pretty much whenever it's obviously less practical for others here.

I guess I'll see what timezone contains interest and do it from there.
  5. JazzRemington
    JazzRemington
    You still planning on running something? If not, I can probably slap something together since I'll be in between semesters at school.
  6. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Sorry, inspiration ran dry, plus I was trying to marshal together some of my meatspace mates for a few games. If you want to slap something together though I'd be well up for it.
  7. JazzRemington
    JazzRemington
    It depends: if we can get at least 4 people together, I'll run a game of D&D 4e, but if not it'll just be Microlite D20 (a stripped down, essential version of the d20 system).
  8. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    I don't mind really. I'm not familiar with either (although since I've played the full on D20 system I'd probably feel more comfortable with the latter). It's probably down to if anyone rembers this group exists
  9. JazzRemington
    JazzRemington
    I have an idea: a play by post. That way, there's no need to worry about timezones or anything.
  10. NecroCommie
    NecroCommie
    I don't mind really. I'm not familiar with either (although since I've played the full on D20 system I'd probably feel more comfortable with the latter). It's probably down to if anyone rembers this group exists
    hmph! Ofcourse we remember. I dunno. If the game is slow paced through the internet I might join in. I don't have time just everyday to participate due to school, jail, gf and stuff.
  11. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    I have an idea: a play by post. That way, there's no need to worry about timezones or anything.
    Aye, I've played in some succesful PbPs before. Never actually "run" one before so all the details (free form or rules based, genre, setting all that jazz (if you'll pardon the word choice there ) would fall to someone else.

Necro:

...jail...
    Been burning down churches then?
  12. JazzRemington
    JazzRemington
    I'll run something. First, I'd need to know how any people would be interested. I would only require anyone playing to post maybe once or twice a week (maybe by Tuesday and Friday night at midnight Central US time or something), if possible. You can edit your posts however you'd like, but once the due date has passed, no editing is possible.

The rules I will be using are available here. It's basically a "retro-clone" of old-school D&D. The minimalism isn't a problem: differences between characters of the same class should be made thru roleplaying. For instance, because the cleric class is abolished (see below), a magic-user can still be a priest by selecting former-cleric spells. The priests working in a temple are basically magic-users that have primarily cleric spells.

The only modifications I'd make are:

• The Cleric class is abolished, and its spells are mixed with those of the Magic-User/Elf. There is no turning ability anymore. The spell progressions for Magic-Users/Elves are the same. Cleric spells that cure or heal cannot be reversed (e.g. a cure light wounds cannot be used to cause light wounds).

• Magic-Users begin with 5 spells and Elves begin with 3 spell. Detect magic is an innate ability for both of them, not requiring any special casting. Thus, the detect magic spell is abolished

• Magic-Users/Elves don't have to memorize spells to cast them. They can cast any spell they know up to their daily limit (e.g. a second level magic-user can cast up to two level 1 spells per day).

• The removal of level caps on the demi-human classes.

• The human classes also get to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest for any one attribute.

• Ignore the to-hit charts, as you won't need those.

Because this is a play-by-post game, I'll do all the dice rolling but will only post the interpretation of the rolls and not the actually rolls themselves. All you need to do is just tell me what you want your character to do, and I'll do the rest.