Aren't we all Anarcho-Syndicalists?

1. Stranger Than Paradise
    Stranger Than Paradise
    I am quite surprised that amongst the Anarchists here at RevLeft only a few consider themselves Anarcho-Syndicalists. It is my opinion that there is no other viable means towards revolution than the theories of Anarcho-Syndicalism, do the Anarchists who don't follow this ideology adhere to insurrectionary theory? (a completely irrelevant and illogical approach)
  2. Искра
    I don't think that Anarchist Federation is insurrectionist, yet they stand against anarcho-syndicalism.
  3. Stranger Than Paradise
    Stranger Than Paradise
    I don't think that Anarchist Federation is insurrectionist, yet they stand against anarcho-syndicalism.
    So what is their position on anarcho-syndicalism and their strategy towards revolution?
  4. Искра
    I don't know. I'm not familiar with that
    I know that they don't support anarcho-syndicalism and they elaborate that with Malatesta's critics.

And to your first question I agree with you, as I see only anarcho-syndicalism as viable mean of revolution, since it's only "school" of anarchism which involves as many as can working class people in class struggle.
  5. ls
    AFed does not have a position that says anarcho-syndicalism is 'wrong', but they obviously favour an anarchist-communist insurrection.

In my opinion, anarcho-syndicalism was quite viable in the era before the unions were mastered by the Capitalists, I used to think that anarcho-syndicalism still has a strong place, but then I look at most of the struggles since at least the 50s and really, I do not think you can say syndicalism has been a very powerful current.

I still support syndicalist groups like solidarity federation (UK) and think they have some very good positions, but no not all anarchists are anarcho-syndicalists, it doesn't necessarily stop them from supporting it critically however (same for leftcoms btw, check out the ICC critiques of anarcho-syndicalism, they are all very apt).
  6. TheAnarchistSyndicalist
    TheAnarchistSyndicalist
    The CNT FAI had suceeded in spliting apart from the facsists and "red facsists" the only problem with this is that our society could potentially harm the struggle towards "Marx's vision of Utopia" I think a popolar revolt and spontaneous establishment of communes can lead our Syndicalist revolution to achieve the Syndicalist goal of "Aanarchist Communism" or a Left Communist and historians consider "pure Communism".
  7. TheAnarchistSyndicalist
    TheAnarchistSyndicalist
    For a the Spanish tactic can face constant suppresion from outside forces.