American History class.

1. Brother No. 1
    Brother No. 1
    I have American history class as my 1st period but not only that we have to learn about the American Bourgoise National Liberation but also the time line of 1776-the "Reconstruction" of the South, or dixe which ever you would prefer to call it, and let me tell you...this class already has my nevers on their ends. We have to learn about the colonies, the brutality of the Imperialistic British asnd the "glorious Revolution", I say National Liberation but revolution is a 'eh' on me, and its "democracy." thankyfuly no WW2, sadly it comes with a book and a most idiotic one at that. claiming the USSR, DPRK, Vietnam and so many others are "communist states." But I'll quote this book just to show you how bad it is.
    Rise of dictators: In the 1920s and 1930s, totalitarian goverments gained power in many nations. A totalitarian state is one in which a single part controls the goverment and every aspect of people's lives. In the Soviet Union, Joseph Stalin built up a powerful communist dictatorship..."

later the book talks about how the cold war was "democraices", i.e. US , Britain and NATO, vs the "Communist states", Warsaw pact, DPRL,etc, and the US is now 'giving' aid to Russia to make it a "democracy."

and in Cuba they actually say the "Communist threat." I may laugh to death if the class actually did 'study' about the 'threat of Communism."

so enough of my rant..how are your US 'history classes' like?
  2. RedRise
    RedRise
    Un-bloody-believable! This is what they call schoolwork?
  3. marxistcritic
    Im learning pretty much the exact same thing as polish.
  4. Brother No. 1
    Brother No. 1
    This is what they call schoolwork?
    Manditory learning actually is what they call it.
  5. A Revolutionary Tool
    A Revolutionary Tool
    That's exactly what it said in my textbook...
  6. hobo8675309
    hobo8675309
    The american revolution was taught in a very unbiased matter in my 5th grade. my teacher always liked to say, "there are no good guys in war", when someone asked if the allies or the axis were the good guys. the american revolution mauy or may not have been justified- it was largely capitalist in nature, yes, but as mao tse tung likes to say, "all revolutionary wars are just, all counter revolutionary wars are unjust".
  7. AristeraGR
    Well I live in Greece and well we went trough a civil war between commies and the people who liked the king and well you don't really see so much hate in them.I mean the history books.
  8. WindyCityNinja
    WindyCityNinja
    In my class, they were pushing all their pro America bullshit on a worksheet. They were saying how Democracy here was about fair elections, and communism was dictatorship and evil.
  9. WindyCityNinja
    WindyCityNinja
    Also, I lived in Texas for 3 months, and suprise, suprise, they said anarchy would be everyone fighting for recources and that democracy was best.
  10. GuevarasGhost726
    GuevarasGhost726
    My American history class was taught by a guy who liked to insult people by calling them 'Cubans' or 'Commies', he fought in Vietnam, and so you get the general background of this guy by now right? If you don't, too bad. i'm moving on. Anyways, the class basically just glorified everything that any American did, and made the colonists seem 100 percent innocent and justified in their actions at all times, even though they did things that would qualify them as 'terrorists' and 'public enemies' in modern America. The Cold War was discussed as if Communism and evil were one and the same, and everyone ate this bullshit up. I dared to question the teacher and he called me a 'stupid commie cuban' and that I needed to shut up. Free speech, apparently, wasn't one of his 'enshrined principles' i guess haha
  11. GuevarasGhost726
    GuevarasGhost726
    In my class, they were pushing all their pro America bullshit on a worksheet. They were saying how Democracy here was about fair elections, and communism was dictatorship and evil.
    Haha yeah that's what I used to think anarchy was also, like most other brainwashed Statists :roll eyes: Anarchy could only work if people were willing to help everyone out though, so in a country like the US where Randian philosophy and Neoliberal policies have taken over, I think we WOULD see a lot of violence and chaos for a while if we transitioned to an anarchic society.
  12. Robespierre
    Robespierre
    It's the same everywhere in the USA. I'm in the Honors Program at my university which is about the top 50 students in the Business School. I was talking about Marxism the other day and one of the girls who was listening to me asked me what Communism and Fascism were and what the difference was. Yet, she could still tell me that they were evil. Almost no one really understands any political ideology other than the fake "democrats" and "republicans" and it's shocking how few even bother keeping up with that sort of news. I had a history test last week where the Professor read out a student's answer to one question: What is the Spanish Armada? Answer: An army led by Napoleon when he invaded France. I also heard kids asking who Napoleon even was and why we had to know what some French guy did. Basically, my point is just that people are extremely stupid.