Favorite Chomsky Books

1. Misanthrope
    Misanthrope
    I like conversations of the post 9/11 world and What Uncle Same Really Wants.

What are yours?
  2. Property Is Robbery
    Property Is Robbery
    Profit over People: Neoliberalism and Global Order
  3. Sosa
    Sosa
    I've only read The Essential Noam Chomsky so far. But I have read excerpts of Hegemony or Survival, I need to buy this guys books because I love it so far.
  4. Red Brigade
    Red Brigade
    What books by Chomsky dose anyone recommend?
  5. Lunatic Concept
    Lunatic Concept
    Read hopes and prospects recently, very good. Made up of essays so covers a wide range of issues from the israeli-palestinian conflict to the US 2008 elections.
  6. Minima
    Minima
    ah, timely post lunatic, I just bought that and am reading that next as a brush up, i had previously read "the fateful triangle,' which is always a useful as a reference for background. Excellent Chomsky as always =)
  7. Red Brigade
    Red Brigade
    Has any one read Gaza in Crisis: Reflections on Israel's War against the Palestinians? If so is it good?
  8. Caj
    Caj
    I've read it. It's ok, not great. The only other Chomsky book I've read is _Understanding Power_, which is a collection of interviews from the '90s. It's outdated and poorly cited but worth the read nonetheless.
  9. Azraella
    Azraella
    Understanding Power is really awesome in my opinion
  10. Brosa Luxemburg
    Brosa Luxemburg
    Either mine would be The Fateful Triangle or it would be Failed States
  11. L1NKS
    L1NKS
    I'm reading Manufacturing Consent - The Political Economy of the Mass Media (co-authored by Edward S. Herman). I think it's a must read.
  12. Anarchisteve
    Anarchisteve
    Understanding Power was the first Chomsky I read. It is an excellent book, covering quite a wide variety of issues, but is a little outdated now (I later read At War With Asia, now that really is dated).
    I think Manufacturing Consent is probably my favourite Chomsky (and Herman), but the examples he uses are probably not very familiar to younger readers.
  13. Nordic.Anarchist
    Nordic.Anarchist
    Understanding Power without a doubt.