Rollcall

1. Blackscare
    Blackscare
    I wonder how many of my fellow Anarchists are (sensible) Platformists?

Greetings, by the way!
  2. Jack
    Howdy.
  3. Holden Caulfield
    I'm (obviously) not a platformist or even an anarchist but your ideas are very interesting and close to a large part of my own politics. So i've joined, if you guys will have me.
  4. Jack
    Well, we wouldn't be abiding by the Platform if we did :P
  5. Tjis
    Tjis
    I agree that the points laid out in the platform are sensible, but I think it's incorrect to call anyone a Platformist. I think only organizations can be Platformist. We are communist anarchists.
  6. bellyscratch
    I don't consider myself an anarchist, but I've been really interested in platformism for a while. I just want to join this to get more discussion about platformism.
  7. Blackscare
    Blackscare
    I agree that the points laid out in the platform are sensible, but I think it's incorrect to call anyone a Platformist. I think only organizations can be Platformist. We are communist anarchists.
    I would generally agree, were it not for the fact that the anarchist movement is so muddled and incoherent these days.

What the anarchist movement needs now is an organized group that can advocate for a better line than what lifestylism and the remnants of insurrectionism can.

I think that organizational methods are a major part of theory, and though our basis is in communism (of course), we won't get anywhere until we seriously reform anarchist organizational methods.
  8. Andre vasily (NTFA)
    Andre vasily (NTFA)
    ahoy! Happy to chat with like minded people!
  9. Joe Payne
    Joe Payne
    Yeah I'm a fan. I'm also a member of Common Struggle- Libertarian Communist Federation. Are any of ya'll involved in anarchist organizations, seeing how yall like generally agree with the Platform?
  10. Ricemilk
    Ricemilk
    I think it's fair to call people Platformists or Especifistas because it is a studied ideology and not the first natural impulse of all social anarchists to explicitly call for a fighting communist-syndicalist movement as such. Most of the local Wobs seem to be Communists of one stripe or another, but I don't think this is by accident or 100% an outcome of sufficiently comparing and contrasting communism to syndicalism (at the level of an interested newcomer).

Granted, I haven't finished reading the Platform. But its central ideas seem more than reasonable to me so far: Communism, Syndicalism, their strategic unity, the specific and mass organizations, creating one strong and clear anarchist voice to be heard in every union. I've always admired Makhno and Arshinov individually, but I think they and their comrades were really on to something here.