Any MMA fans here?

1. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    I surprised martial arts and combat sports aren't properly appreciated on RevLeft . Any MMA fans? If so, who is your favorite MMA fighter? For me, it would have to be GSP, but I'm also a fan of Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, Wanderlei Silva, Rich Franklin, Nick Diaz, and some others. Like most, I loathe Brock Lesnar. He's an idiot.
  2. Sasha
    Sasha
    i'm an MMA fan but thanks to the idiot laws in france (where eurosports, the main sports channel is based) we are not allowed to watch MMA on TV anymore
    well anyway my fav is offcourse jeff monson but thats mostly beause of his politics, i think mevin manhoef is one of the best (mma) fighters in the world and i'm an huge fan of his explosive all or nothing style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw0BlIM5nS8

i'm curently looking for a new gym to train and i'm seriously contemplating going to the new M-1 gym of Gegard Mousasi here in amsterdam
  3. The Accomplice
    The Accomplice
    I am an MMA fan as well. Been into it for a few years now. My favorite fighters? Well I would say GSP, Miguel Torres, "Kid" Yamamoto, Jose Aldo, Wagnney Fabiano, JZ Calvancante, Eddy Alvarez, Damian Maia plus a bunch more. I could go on forever.

I agree with the OP, I don't like Lesnar either. Too overrated. I hope Mir wins against him when they fight again.
  4. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    UFC 100 IN 3 DAYS! FINALLY! I hope Lesnar gets subbed hard, and I want to see a war between GSP/Alves. I like both of them, so I'll only be satisfied by a 4-5 round war that's close.
  5. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    Mir is gonna pick apart Lesnar unless he gets caught in a flash.

GSP/Alves is gonna be a war tho. I give it to Alves ko/tko
  6. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    UFC 101 in three days..let's see if BJ can whip Kenny's ass like everyone thinks he will. I think Kenny has a bigger chance than people are giving him, but I still have BJ coming out on top.

Griffin/Silva is a good fight, if Griffin wins it'll be a decision, I can't see him KOing Silva or subbing him. I have Silva by KO/TKO.

And then we have WEC on Sunday, w00t. I'm hoping Bowles can give Torres a run for his money.
  7. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    Griffin v Silva - Silva by TKO
    Penn v Florian - Penn via decision
  8. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    Damn, Forrest got that ass beat. He pretty much quit at the end though, Silva hit him with a jab and Forrest went down? Unless his orbital bone was broken or something.
  9. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    You know he broke something from the way he rushed out of there like that. Either that or he was embarrassed cause he got his

ASS BEAT hahahaha
  10. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    I guess he just got embarrassed, reports now are confirming that he's not injured.

But DAMN tonight, fucking wow, Brian Bowles shocking everyone in MMA and knocking out Torres. I jumped up for like 5 minutes after seeing that. It was great. If they fight again it'll be more of a war but it might end up being a Brown/Faber situation..and for now, so much of that talk about Torres moving up to 145 for superfights. =/
  11. ChrisK
    ChrisK
    Favorite fighters: Frank Shamrock, GSP, Forrest Griffin, Hendo and Machida.

Fight I Must See: GSP vs Anderson Silva. WAR GSP!!!!!!!
  12. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    GSP v Anderson would be insane. It would be a battle for sure...but it looks like Silva v Hendo 2 for his next fight. Hendo is getting old...

WAR ANDERSON!!!
  13. ChrisK
    ChrisK
    Fuck no. WAR HENDO!!!!!!!!!!
  14. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    UFC 102 tonight. I'm stoked for Marquardt/Maia. I got Marquardt here, he's much more well-rounded than Maia and has good enough BJJ in the context of MMA to neutralize Maia's BJJ. If Marquardt turns it straight into a grappling match, he'll get subbed.

I also have Couture over Nogueira and Silva over Jardine. I think Silva is motivated after the Machida loss, but we'll see.
  15. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    War Big Nog

War Maia...we'll see which of the pair is truly well-rounded..

War Silva..although Jardine's UFC career is arguably at stake here..
  16. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    I don't think Jardine's spot in the UFC is at stake at all..it'd be his second loss in a row, but I think he'd have to be on a real downward spiral in order to be kicked. I mean, he lost to Rampage, no shame in that, former LHW champ. If he loses to Silva, OK, they're at about the same place right now. If he loses again after Silva, then maybe.
  17. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    War Maia...we'll see which of the pair is truly well-rounded..

Nah, but really, I feel bad for Maia right now, that was embarrassing. He needs to work his stand up more. Keep your hands up..
  18. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    If it wasn't for the Griffin fight he'd be gone I think. This loss tonight was hard, too.

Also, Maia...wow. Guess he needs to train harder in striking or stick to No Gi tournies.
  19. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    I'm just waiting for October 24th now, Shogun and Machida. Best fight ever right there, haha. Belfort/Franklin looks decent as well at 103.

I was watching some old PRIDE fights today (Fedor/Nog, Fedor/Cro Cop, Cro Cop/Nog). I wasn't an MMA fan in PRIDE's glory days but seriously, the stuff was amazing.
  20. respectful87
    I sure as heck do. My dad fought in UFC 8 and a few after that although his record sucked.

Oh and FreeFocus nice AV. GSP is the p4p best in my opinion.

My fav fighters are as follows: GSP, Dan Henderson, Igor Vochanchyn, Oleg Taktarov, Monson,Sakuraba (guy best of all time), and anyone from hammer house (met a few of them all super nice).

My least favs: Mir, most of the gracies (mainly Rickson), BJ Penn, and pretty much any UFC HW prospect for being highly overrated in skill (Cain V, Carwin, Kongo, and Lesnar).
  21. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    How can you not like BJ Penn? I love Penn, despite his antics sometimes (Greasegate).

Cool thing about your dad. Do you train any?
  22. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    NOOOO Anderson is hurt. Maybe they'll create an interim title...

hey, btw, does anyone think that Shogun can beat Machida? War shogun!
  23. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    Shogun definitely has a chance, but I think he'll lose a decision to Machida. He might get KTFO actually, but we'll see. It's the fight I'm looking forward to most.
  24. ChrisK
    ChrisK
    I got Machida winning by controlling distance perfectly and the fact that Shoguns hyper aggressiveness plays right into Machida's hands.
  25. ChrisK
    ChrisK
    I sure as heck do. My dad fought in UFC 8 and a few after that although his record sucked.
    Is your dad Keith Mielke?
  26. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    War Shogun!!!! No to the pee-drinking champion Lyoto "Dragonbreath" Machida

@FF is that Buakaw in your avatar? War Buakaw!!
  27. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    Yeah that's Buakaw

So stoked for tonight. I'm a Shogun fan but an even bigger Machida fan..hopefully it's a war! I've got Machida by decision.

I think Rothwell might catch Velazquez on the chin with something - not saying Cain's chin is suspect, but getting hit by Rothwell isn't good for you. Rothwell by TKO. Velazquez might still be too green.
  28. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    OMG. I think Shogun just beat Machida..and not by a little. It was convincing. Amazing fight.
  29. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    WOW. Judges gave it to Lyoto. It was a close fight, but fucking ridiculous. He didn't earn a unanimous decision.
  30. FreeFocus
    FreeFocus
    Shogun is the best 205lb fighter in the world again. Basically Machida is a paper champ right now. It hurts me to say that, but Shogun should have that belt around his waist.