How about a more neutral logo.

1. Dr Mindbender
    Im surprised this ones taken so long to launch.

How about a more neutral logo? I don't think communists will appreciate the 'A'.
  2. Bitter Ashes
    Bitter Ashes
    2/3 majority?
    *puts her hand up for different logo*
  3. Dr Mindbender
    I think this is much more inclusive.

4. Bitter Ashes
    Bitter Ashes
    It works. Without bringing up that Ireland debate, shouldnt NI be on there too? Otherwise it's just Great Britain and not the United Kingdom, right?
  5. Dr Mindbender
    It works. Without bringing up that Ireland debate, shouldnt NI be on there too? Otherwise it's just Great Britain and not the United Kingdom, right?
    I deliberately left it out as not to piss off the resident republicans.

The NI comrades post in the Ireland group anyway.

Before anyone asks, i have family in scotland which makes me a GB'er by extension.

6. Bitter Ashes
    Bitter Ashes
    Okay. I thought that was what it might be. I wasnt sure whether it was a point of contention to include it, so thanks for clearing that up
  7. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    I think US's logo is good and it works.
  8. OneNamedNameLess
    Must I be an Anarchist to join? Are primitivists welcome? hee hee
  9. spartafc
    spartafc
    change the logo!
  10. OneNamedNameLess
    I would say change the logo.

Invite more people too. There are quite a few users from the UK and this would be a good place to network.
  11. Module
    Module
    Why would you leave Northern Ireland out of the logo? It's part of the UK whether you like it or not. Just change it to a map of the UK. No need for hammer and sickles or circle A's. We're on RevLeft. It's a given.
  12. Bitter Ashes
    Bitter Ashes
    It could easily be cleared up by calling the group GB revolutionaries.

British Isles = Channel Isles, England, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, various other small islands in the North Sea and Irisish Sea and Wales
    Great Britain = England, Scotland and Wales
    United Kingdom = Channel Isles, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, various other small islands in the North Sea and Irish Sea and Wales

Two of them are geographical names, two are also political boundries. They both crossover at the name Great Britain without upsetting anyone.

So, GB is the single landmass in Ulster's picture, not the UK, which would be fine by me to be honest as it'd be pretty clear to explain to anyone if they question why NI, or the zillions of little islands that are British territory are not on the map. Just try to avoid airbushing Wales off the map like the EU did on thier banknotes!

edit: I just noticed that a few of the little islands snuck into that picture too, but you get the idea anyway
  13. samofshs
    samofshs
    I joined your group just for the anti-facist element even though im a marxist and not an anarchist. and yes, i do appreciate the A (even though you should change the logo).
  14. KommunistKornish
    KommunistKornish
    Yeah change it, i do like the "Abolish Capitalism" but the A however as a Marxist i dont like.
  15. MilitantAnarchist
    Sorry took so long to change logo... didnt even check the groups messages, no excuse but i aint had time to do stuff with this yet... Will make a thread in the appropriate place to let everyone no.
  16. Dr Mindbender
    Why would you leave Northern Ireland out of the logo? It's part of the UK whether you like it or not. .
    Only by bourgeoisie definition, not by ours.

We dont acknowledge NI for the same reason we dont acknowledge Israel.
  17. Philosophical Materialist
    Philosophical Materialist
    It could easily be cleared up by calling the group GB revolutionaries.

British Isles = Channel Isles, England, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, various other small islands in the North Sea and Irisish Sea and Wales...
    The term 'British Isles' is loathed in Ireland and its use is controversial there since the Irish point out that their isles are not British.

The Channel Islands (as well as the Isle of Man) aren't actually in the UK, but are Crown Dependencies. It is for this reason that those territories aren't in the European Union. The UK and these Crown Dependencies are known collectively as the 'British Islands.'
  18. A.J.
    A.J.
    This is our new logo....