Zeitgeist Movement

1. DeLeonist
    DeLeonist
    Hi There

I just joined your group. I am interested in a green-left perspective and the use of technology to liberate humanity.

I was wondering what you folk thought of the http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

They have some nutty and naive tendencies, but they are hugely popular with 250,000 members apparently and more than 30,000 visits a day.

I think there could be considerable merit for the Green-Left tendency to form alliances with the Zeitgeist movement.
  2. bellyscratch
    They seem to have a pretty distorted view on communism which would need to be addressed before any alliance could be made I think. I'm not entirely convinced by some of the points they put across either from the stuff I've seen. I don't think we can entirely dismiss them though as they are trying to look for some sort of alternative to the current system and have a large following
  3. Technocrat
    Technocrat
    The zeitgeist movement is a watered-down version of the same thing Technocracy, Inc came up with more than 70 years ago, except it lacks any kind of scientific background and is based mainly around speculation as far as I can tell. Plus the whole chipping thing is kind of weird. They do have one thing going for them, and that is marketing.