Suggest Members to Invite

1. Elect Marx
    Elect Marx
    Who fits the guidelines? Please suggest members to add to the group.
  2. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    Both Reclaimed Dasein and Rascolnikova are quite polite and kind.

Dean, Plagueround, Sentinel, are others who come to mind.
  3. pastradamus
    pastradamus
    I think really great choices from Augustwest there.
  4. Elect Marx
    Elect Marx
    I have invited them all. How open should the membership of this group be?
  5. Rascolnikova
    Rascolnikova
    thanks.

I think postsomething and Kwisatz Haderach (sp?) should be invited, and maybe Agora77?

Edit: this is off the top of my head, I haven't been on much for awhile and I didn't look over their posts. Still, it's a thought.
  6. Lynx
    Lynx
    Hyacinth
  7. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    Cult of Reason and Desrumeaux are two more members that skipped my mind - good to see Rorschach here too.
  8. Elect Marx
    Elect Marx
    I don't know how many of these people I will be able to admit at the moment. I created a thread in the CC requesting to make AW, HR and WD moderators as well. I have been viewing the first 3 or so pages of people's posts just to make sure I am not admitting hostile members.

When the modships take hold, feel free to use your own discretion, as I may not be around every day to let new people in.
  9. pastradamus
    pastradamus
    From what I've seen thus far I think NOXION would be a good addition. This is debatable however as im not back a very long time.
  10. Elect Marx
    Elect Marx
    While I enjoy many of his posts, NoX is still an advocate of hostile discussion tactics, as far as I know (he has improved). If he has revised his views, then by all means.
  11. ZeroNowhere
    How about Mike Lepore? One of the most consistent posters here, IMO.
  12. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    Mike Lepore - seconded.
  13. mikelepore
    mikelepore
    Thanks for thinking of me. I just signed up.

I would like to suggest an invitation for robbo203. He's the kind of person where I disagree with about some ideas and still I always look forward to learning new things from him. He's with the World in Common group which promotes the spirit of cooperation and fraternal relations.
  14. ZeroNowhere
    Yeah, I'll second Robbo. Also, Devrim and Leo.
  15. pastradamus
    pastradamus
    Im going to nominate PRC-UTE. I both enjoy his posts and he's a respectful member of the board.
  16. Dean
    Dean
    As much as he bugs me, I think Serpent would fit in here. He has occasional problems with expressing contempt, but I don't think its ever intentional or particularly malicious. And he does do his part to keep things civil and productive.
  17. Elect Marx
    Elect Marx
    Thanks to everyone for making suggestions and helping our group grow. I am amazed at how diverse this group is. I am happy to think we can work to counter the hostile and disruptive elements we know all too well. Nothing aids our cause like a sense of solidarity, and we are all part of this in encouraging respectful relations between leftists.
  18. ZeroNowhere
    Hm, I'm just wondering, but what kind of stuff should we be posting in this group? After all, we should try to get some discussion going, or the group shall die and rot in heaven.
  19. Lynx
    Lynx
    We could discuss techniques for respectful discussion.
    We could examine the pros and cons of following an RDA ethos.
  20. Elect Marx
    Elect Marx
    Good idea Lynx. As I've said, this group is here to be what people need it for: support, discussion, etc. What do you want it to be? I can only speak to the needs I have and see on the board. I would like to know what people want this group to be. This is organic development and the floor is open.
  21. Lynx
    Lynx
    I would want the group to be visible to all visitors to RevLeft. Please note that posts to group threads like this one don't appear on the New Posts search page.