Haircuts/styles - HALP!

1. Black Dagger
    So i'm thinking i should get a haircut but i want to try something a bit new, i'm willing to put in work (i've had homegrown dreads before, nuff said) but i just don't know what to do? HALP!

At the moment i've got long brown hair (down past the base of my neck), most of the time i tie it up just so it's out of my face, and obviously when i'm at work etc. So ponytail. I wanna get my hair cut shorter, but i've never really been satisfied with short hair - it just seems boring to me, i think maybe because my hair is not very thick so i'll have to use product (which i don't really like). When my hair is long(er) it gets curly and looks more interesting to me but i've had this style for sometime now so want a change.

Something for medium or short length hair (though i'm open to suggestions for longer cuts) - something that i can still wear at work (i iz in an office) - anyone know of goods site to look at for hair styles?

FANKS
  2. bcbm
    bcbm
    Go for a trash cut... just start randomly cutting shit until its about where you want it.

That's what I have... except one half of it is much, much shorter. and I have a bit in the middle that's longer than either side like a faux hawk. And a rat tail.
  3. Black Dagger
    Hmmm, i wouldn't mind - but do you mean cut it myself? I've never cut my hair before (well not more than a few locks) - so if not, how would i explain this idea to a hairdresser?
  4. Black Dagger
    Oh and know any sites that are good for hairstyle ideas?
  5. bcbm
    bcbm
    Dunno on sites... google it.

And yeah, cut it yourself. That's the point of a trash cut.
  6. Bilan
    Bilan
    cut it yourself.
    I did it for years. Only recently ( a week ago) did I go to a hair dresser.

I say, wing it.
  7. which doctor
    I hate getting hair cuts. It's not that I like my hair to be very long, it's just that I always hate the way it looks after I get it cut. But around 2 weeks after I get a hair cut I start to like it.
  8. Module
    Module
    Link
    A lot of emo type hair cuts but if you sift through them you'll find some pretty good ones, too.
    And here, too, though as you go through the pages they get lame pretty quickly.

Short hair doesn't have to be boring, but especially if you have thinner hair it's better to get a haircut that looks noticeably interesting to you (without having to use much product), so I think looking at websites like the above would be a good idea, so you can sort of pin point the exact sort of cut you want before taking it into the hairdresser.
    Otherwise they might just make you look what they consider 'reasonable' and you will end up with a boring hair cut. Bloody hair dressers.
    Short hair can look really interesting as long as you get the right people to do it!
    I like haircuts like this:

Where they are longer at the back and at the top. Product would be needed though, this is just me getting a bit enthusiastic about these photo albums.

Paul Weller has great hair, and it looks like it's quite thin.

I really like the longer hair before the ears, plus I really like the short straight fringes (on both men and women)

Hope I've given you some ideas, sorry if you disagree with everything I said.
    Good luck.
  9. Rascolnikova
    Rascolnikova
    Google image search is your friend.

If you do go to a salon, be sure to bring pictures.
  10. Black Dagger
    Thanks for the replies everyone, don't have time to look into all the stuff posted here yet (i'm at work atm), but will do later cheers
  11. Module
    Module
    Has the hair cut occoured yet?