David Harvey on Capital - online videos

1. Zurdito
    Zurdito
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84969148&hl=en

that is the first of 13 leactures, each one about 100 minutes. I had tried reading Das Kapital and failed miserably, and I have to say that these lectures are amazing.

people have mentioned a study group...maybe these would be a good idea? Watch one, have a discussion, watch the next...

Maybe read the relevant chapters of the book as well before each lecture? if possible...

this is particularly useful because the topic is so huge that you will always miss a lot, and a discussion would definitely help to point out things others might have missed. plus there will always be different angles.

likewise, I personally can't think of a more important book to read, especially at a time like this...

anyway, I hope you enjoy watching those, they are certainly top class for depth, precision and clarity...and dialectics, of course
  2. Random Precision
    This is a good idea, I've been meaning to give Capital another shot and this might be just the ticket.
  3. DiaMat86
    DiaMat86
    What do you think about Rosa's criticisms of DM?
  4. Olentzero
    Olentzero
    I know I'm almost three years late to the party on this one but I wanted to say thanks for the link to those lectures! I'd been thinking about picking up his books on the subject but this is sure to be just as useful. I have all three volumes on my bookshelf and I'm sure going through Vol I this way will be a huge help in getting through the other two!