Brainstorming?

1. gla22
    gla22
    How do you brainstorm ideas?

I just start writing about certain things and after an hour I have 5-6 150 word paragraphs, most of them loosely related somehow.

here is one of them: Please critique harshly.

" The stone idol sits there staring a hard stare; mouth rigidly passive. One sits by the idol and it gives meaning to its surroundings. It gives life meaning in that moment. Carved years ago, by a wanderer, creating meaning for the spot in the jungle. The stone idol sits, not waiting or expecting visitors but serves as a symbol for humanity, human thought, human experience, human creativity. The stone idol encourages company, and as travelers sit and meditate under the idol’s watchful glare, the artist has created something will last through the ages. The idol is more than a rock face, he initiates a human introspective experience, he initiates worship, he initiates a certain human action, an emotion, a sense of wonderment or contempt, or peacefulness. The artist is a blind cupid and the stone idol is his arrow."
  2. Dean
    Dean
    I would characterize all human interaction with it as worship... an interesting piece.

For me, my brainstorming is done in my head. I can't stand to write it all down.. I usually work it over in my head and then sit and write. I guess that's an incredibly obsessive and anal attitude, but it's what I do.