Messing Around

1. ZeroPain
    I decided to write something, more just to stimulate myself than anything else. I thought of it more as an experiment than anything else.

Enjoy

And it began to rain as the first words appeared on the screen, but they were imperfect and quickly deleted. The woman behind the screen thought for a moment then began again typing once more.

And it began to rain as the first words sounded from her mouth, but they were crazed and quickly silenced. The woman on the ground wept for a moment then began to speak once more.

And the woman behind the screen began to cry and typed faster striking the keys with newfound passion. It was flowing, the river of creation that issued from her fingertips, bringing the rain down harder.

And the woman on the ground began to smile and spoke sweeter choosing her words with newfound clarity. It was clearing, the haze of confusion that had enveloped her mind, bringing the rain down harder.

And the woman stopped, at her limit, she wept. The screen clicked off and the room was dark.

And the woman stopped, now satisfied, she smiled. The ground grew muddy and became soft.

She wept, she smiled, and the rain fell.
  2. BurnTheOliveTree
    BurnTheOliveTree
    Nice.

I love the imagery of rain in writing, I find it really evocative and atmospheric.

-Alex