Conversation Between Volcanicity and Red Commissar

1. Red Commissar
    No, I haven't seen it. I'll take a look at what he says about Labriola though.

It's hard talking about Gramsci here though sometimes. Bring him up and you're bound to get a Left-Com complaining him being "stalinist". Most of my analysis online now has been confined to our group or talks with you.
  2. Volcanicity
    Not sure if you've come across this old blog I've only had time to glance at the odd article but there's some interesting pieces here http://gramscinotebooks.wordpress.com/.
  3. Red Commissar
    I haven't had a chance to read Anthony Labriola's work in-depth, but Gramsci was certainly influenced by him. His use of "Philosophy of Praxis" as a word to avoid attracting the attention of censors is itself drawn from Labriola's work. Gramsci seemed to like his description of Marxism as a "praxis", where theory intersects with action, in otherwords to him the Marxist tradition of inquiry, analysis, and theory, and pragmatic action drawn from that.

He seemed to have a role on Gramsci's criticism of philosophy too- like positivism.

No problem though. I'm busy at times too but real-life is much more important than some nonsense on here.
  4. Volcanicity
    Hey Red Commisar, have you read any of Antonio Labriola's work he seems to have been an influence on Gramsci?I have'nt been able to get back to your latest post in the Gramsci group as I've just managed to get a job for a couple of week's working 12-14 hour shifts so as you'd expect my time's pretty limited, So I'll get back to it When I've recovered LOL.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4