Conversation Between scarletghoul and The Douche

1. scarletghoul
    oh right , thats cool. the PSL seem very active among the people, even if they do celebrate dengs suppression of tiananman square..
  2. The Douche
    Yeah nobody left who explicitly identifies with raan. I'm working with march forward which is the veterans anti imperialist group affiliated with the psl so the psl has contacted me but I don't really know what I think about them right now.
  3. scarletghoul
    OMG no way !

So we dont have any more RAANs on revleft?

Are you thinking of joining another organisation
  4. The Douche
    I'm not in RAAN anymore
  5. scarletghoul
    good to see RAAN supporting the anti-revisionists
  6. scarletghoul
    Hmm yeah, semantiics does play a ridiculous part in these things.. There are plenty of examples of things that I consider Workers' States which some Anarchists uphold as stateless societies (paris commune, Catalonia, Shinmin, Chiapas..)

I'm absoloutely sure that if Gaddafi had labelled himself Anarchist, there would be some Anarchists talking about how great and stateless Libya is, with its direct democracy and whatnot...

Anyway lol yeah all good anarchists have some Maoist influence, and vice versa
  7. The Douche
    Well I mean, thats kind of common if you look at anarchists and left-communists, they are very dogmatic and they are often obsessed over semantics. I had an extended arguement with one of my friends in RAAN on whether or not it was really semantics, but it led off in a different direction, mostly about "claiming support for the DPRK" means nothing. Which is a fair point I think, but doesn't get to the heart of the issue.

Also I do take some political influence from Mao, so I think that is the reason that some of the Leninists on here like me more than other RAANistas.
  8. scarletghoul
    I see. well if the other RAAN peoples here have developed politics, they are very good at concealing it
    maybe i just can't take a joke but it does get irritating the way they clog up discussions with the same old stuff about 'state-capitalism blabla'
  9. The Douche
    I agree with the principles and direction. I also identify with autonomism, insurrectionary anarchism, and some primitivist/anti-civ ideas, and RAAN is essentially the only group in the english-speaking world, that I know of, who has those ideas included in its theoretical basis. And I like the fact that most of the people involved do not take themselves to seriously. We all have pretty developed politics, but we like to have fun.
  10. scarletghoul
    Yeah. Seems strange that someone with good and logical views is a member of RAAN. What exactly is it you like about them, what do they do apart from the parking meter RCP-abuse stuff ?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 18