Conversation Between Die Neue Zeit and Q

1. Die Neue Zeit
    Whenever you feel like trying to tackle TWCS again with spare time, feel free to do so.
  2. Die Neue Zeit
    Careful, before someone makes a doormat joke out of you.
  3. Q
    You're referring to my "doormat"-ness?
  4. Die Neue Zeit
    Now you're really back!
  5. Die Neue Zeit
    Able to chat?
  6. Die Neue Zeit
    Can you please e-mail that Visitor Message of yours to me for more permanent posterity? Damn!
  7. Q
    And this is how you make the point concrete and less abstract (since that was the main complaint Ravachol was making and I agree with him on that), so, please keep that example in mind when you make the argument again in the future
  8. Die Neue Zeit
    Comrade, that was an understatement! Just looking at the material to be covered in advance would have given an indication. Only the "workers government" session was worth noting.
  9. Q
    The communists are hardly playing a leading role in this either. Be it that they're stuck to praising failed revolutions and counter-revolutionary regimes or are stuck in small irrelevant, but "pure", sects or are even simply falling back to opportunism or economism. In this state there is little hope for a political way forward.

Note that I'm talking here to the whole left, not just the ML's
  10. Die Neue Zeit
    Months back I was tempted to start a thread contrasting "anti-revisionist" M-L with typical Trotskyism. Actually, despite their minoritarian politics, the typical "anti-revisionist" M-L rejects narrow economism. The typical line is that, during a revolutionary situation, "the party knows best" overtly, but the rest of the working-class population not supportive are at least not hostile.

BTW, you should read more my posts on the Russian left or ask about them.
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 140
... 23456 ...