Conversation Between kitsune and Искра

1. I agree. I just downloaded and watched Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl... It was really hilarious. Especially those Japanese people who wanna be blacks and wrist cutting club/competition. What a sick sense of humour... Love it. Btw. why is always cute girl or beautiful women main character in the movie ( I can guess but I’m too polite to write my opinion here hehe )?
  2. Hmm I'm not an expert, just fan, but I wouldn't compare "Black Society Trilogy" with Tokyo Gore Police for example. These movies are violent, brutal etc. but they have more serious topic, if you know what I meen. I would comapere that to Kitano's "Borther"... Anyhow, I know for this whole genre of brutal fantasy films. I watched Machine Girl and RoboGeisha! RoboGeisha was probably the best B-Movie I ever watched... I tried to watch Tokyo Gore Police, but that movie was just stupid. I stoped watching when they pulled out that "key" cancer from a guy. Unlike RoboGeisha and Machine Girl who are full of humour, little perversions and funny gore (like showers of blood), TGP is just about gore, so it looked kind of boring. I don't know if Suecide Club/Circle is part of this genre, but I like that movie a lot. I still think that I didn't get a point of that movie, but it was really good and kind of creepy, especially that scene with a bunch of little kids in theatre.
  3. kitsune
    There's a whole genre of movies that are bizarre, over the top, kinky, often very gory, with lots of dark humor, that are based on manga. The Machine Girl and Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl and Tokyo Gore Police. Lots of crime stuff and horror and fantasy. That's what Miike is doing! Much of his more weird, wild, wonderful work is based on manga, including Koroshiya Ichi. I remember some friends were surprised when Miike did a superhero movie, Zebraman, but that fits perfectly with this type of film. Of course, Miike's work is a cut above much of the rest.
  4. Hehe, I really like Black Society Trilogy, but besides that only Miike's movies I watched were Ichi (which is also amazing... and sick ) and 13 Assassins (which had fucked up subtitles, but still was great. Reminded me of 7 Samurai). I hope you'll get time to post. Personally I'm really interested how does left look like in Japan. I have no information about it at all - besides watching a movie about URA.
  5. kitsune
    Miike is amazing. His criminal underworld films are WAY over the top, and also very imaginative and unique, and then he does a movie like The Bird People in China, The Happiness of the Katakuris, or The Great Yokai War.

Part of the reason I haven't posted much is just being busy and distracted. I'll have ten minutes to spare, then fifteen minutes an hour later, and maybe a half hour later on. It makes keeping up with a discussion difficult.
  6. Cool. I just watched Takaishi Miikes Black Societ Trilogy (I don't know if you watched that) about people from Japan who are conected with Taiwan. It really rough movie trilogy, but really good. I'm realy in love with Japan; from movies (I love Kurosawa, but also a lot of other great directors), music, culture, tradition etc. I also love Korean movies, but I'm not so familiar with their culture. Btw. why don't you post much outside of music board?
  7. kitsune
    I'm from Japan, but I have close family ties to Korea. All around the East China Sea really, from the Ryukyuan Islands down to Taiwan and across to mainland China.
  8. Thirst is one of my favourite movies! It's briliant! A lot of people didn't actualy get the message at the end and they think that this movie is just about gore and sex... Where are you from S. Korea?
  9. kitsune
    Park has done some incredible work. I've been on a horror kick recently, and I just realized I should watch Bakjwi (literally Bat, but the English title is Thirst.)
  10. Yeah, that's great movie. I love Park as director, especially his vengence trilogy.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12